• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Gang:

Best deals? Does it have to be an AD? Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Cheers, a

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by echau
Just put my Speedy on a Corvus Admiralty Grey NATO/G10:

I never really wanted a nato strap, but I may have to rethink it. It looks really good with that particular watch.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first time ive liked a speedy on a nato- also that vintage constellation on the previous page is gorgeous. what size is it?

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
Below is my AP collection at its peak.

Only 3 of these remain in my possession. 3 had to go due to little or no wear and the ever present need for hard cash.
smile.gif

AP2008-01-19010.jpg

amazing collection.
i'm loving that Volcano...
which 3 did you keep?

Boston Tweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by echau
Just put my Speedy on a Corvus Admiralty Grey NATO/G10:

2010-05-03%2009.06.32.jpg

I've never seen this combination before (the solid grey NATO isn't all that common) but it looks VERY sharp. I never would've thought to put it together, but now I want a Speedy so I can put it on the same strap. Nice job!

Astan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teou
Vintage piece from my father. 1970s piece. Had it polished and serviced recently.
L1020735.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0283.jpg
Original lizard skin strap and buckle.

Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Recent addition:
CIMG0502.jpg

I usually dont like rolex but I'm going to tell you what I told my bartender last night, more shots, please.
inlove.gif

gladiator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
Yes, I do have a small wrist- 6.5" around. Anything bigger than 36mm just looks silly on me. Im also not a fan of the big bling watch craze. I prefer to wear my watches rather than them wearing me. The watch may appear larger than 36mm due to the zoom on the camera.

tell me about it.. my wrist is just 6". I haven't seen ANYONE with a wrist that small. Its hard to find watches that fit me well.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
amazing collection.
i'm loving that Volcano...
which 3 did you keep?

The left sided three are still with me. I found the Volcano fun but too "colourful", the Shaq too big and I had no need for the regatta timer on the Alinghi Polaris.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
The left sided three are still with me. I found the Volcano fun but too "colourful", the Shaq too big and I had no need for the regatta timer on the Alinghi Polaris.

Excellent choices, although I would have kept the Alinghi instead of the two tone ROO, for a little bit of movement diversity but I understand your decision.

Gaz

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Carlson LE
Rose Gold and Titanium on dark brown croc strap

044.jpg

041-1.jpg

AP2008-01-19011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads