• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I'm not a suit expert, but I appreciate a good fit, and that looks beautiful. Length of coat & sleeves is good, trousers look fantastic. Makes me want an Indochino suit.

blahgspot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
The suit is the Essential Charcoal.

2. The trousers need serious work from the knee up. If I did a squat, I would split them in half. The crotch hangs three inches below the bottom of the zipper. It actually looks awkard. It really restricts movement. I know that this can be fixed, but it will also change the length on the trosuers. There seems to be about two - three inches to let out the length. The thighs need to be let out at least 3/4 of an inch. Can this be done? I do not want anything below the knee changed, as I like the shape of the calf and the overall length as stated above.

All in all I am pleased that things turned out this well. Out of the things mentioned above, one would not be an issue if I chose a different lining, even with the sewing issue. The crotch can be fixed for around $15. The shirt will fit better after the cuff buttons are moved, may even be perfect at that point. The thighs could be the only main issue for a remake.

Let me know what you think.

Had a similar experience with the pants. It took two remakes to fix this. I am working on some reviews to put up (for this and similar products), but I can certainly say that getting the pants to fit right was quite a challenge! I would recommend emailing them directly and figuring out how much they have to add, as the pants they sent me did NOT have any room to let (despite their claim that they have 2 inches to let throughout the leg). Two tailors laughed at me patronizingly when I asked them if they could be expanded to fit!

E. Ramos
http://www.volutionsmagazine.com

blahgspot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
I got the suit back and took some new pictures, what do you think, is it ok? I have to say I'm feeling pretty good in it
smile.gif

My only critique is with the shoulders; for some reason, if you don't truly suppress your shoulder measurements, these suits like to hang out far beyond your natural shoulder... E. Ramos http://www.volutionsmagazine.com

LorenzL

Reaction score
Yeah, they look like they are a bit too big. Yet in my case, they stop exactly where my shoulder ends (even a tiny bit before). Just the way the sleeves are fixed to the chest piece and the way the padding is inserted make them stand out a bit. It does have that look on their models too so I'm inclined to believe it's done on purpose and for style reasons. I actually am wearing this suit to work today, my superior, who is in love with italian suits and quite knowledgable couldn't believe the good quality of the fabric and the nice fit (for that price).

coltboy75

Reaction score
Has anyone read through the Indochino packet of information you received with the suit? I read through it all this morning and one sheet states that they will pay for any alterations to bring the suit up to your satisfaction, then the next sheet states that there is a $75 maximum for alterations. My thought is that more than $75 would be drastic, but why the confusion? It also states that they will pay $75 for any garment or remake any garment. I know most of us received our shirts for free with the promotion, but if the tailor can't fix mine, I am going to have it remade.

LorenzL

Reaction score
I have heard of one or two cases where people got reimbursed a bit more than the 75$. But generally, if it costs more than 75$ to fix it, a remake is probably the better alternative anyway. I also find the remake/alteration topic in general a bit confusing. Many people think you can only get a remake if the tailor says it's not possible to fix it, but I think you can opt for a remake right away as well.

coltboy75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
I have heard of one or two cases where people got reimbursed a bit more than the 75$. But generally, if it costs more than 75$ to fix it, a remake is probably the better alternative anyway. I also find the remake/alteration topic in general a bit confusing. Many people think you can only get a remake if the tailor says it's not possible to fix it, but I think you can opt for a remake right away as well.

That is my interpretation of the remake policy as well. The form states that style is a reason for remake. I am probably going to opt for a remake since the red lining is so much of a contrast and the ticket pocket lining is slightly misaligned.

mjc

Reaction score
One of my jackets from Indochino had a problem with the fabric in the pocket - it was cut way too close to the seam, so it ripped away from the seam when my wife (my in-house seamtress...) un-tacked the pockets. There wasn't enought material to re-sew the pocket material.

Anyway, I took some photos and Indochino quickly remade the jacket with no objection or fuss.

If you have serious problems, I suspect they will take care of it, regardless of what exactly the fine print says. They are quite responsive that way.

- Mike

GradSchooler

Reaction score
I just tried both "nextjump" and "savings" and neither is functional.

mjc

Reaction score
Try "Nextjump" (i.e., with a capital N) - it might be case-sensitive.

- Mike

coltboy75

Reaction score
I took the suit to a local tailor today to see about the alterations. This gentleman is a third generation suit maker. I thought is would be better to take it to him rather than the tailor shop that normally does my alterations. He kindly showed me the downside of the Essential Charcoal suit I bought. First, the material is not 100% wool as stated on the website and in the Tailor's Kit I bought. It is a poly blend, thus the reason it was so heavy when I took it out of the box. He even showed me a cloth book of poly blend suiting, he had one that looked and felt exactly like the Essential Charcoal suit I bought. The total cost of alterations to get the suit, mostly the trousers, to fit was over $125 dollars. The shirt could not be adjusted and needs to be remade.

I am going to send the purchase back and ask Indochino if they will honor the discount code and let me repurchase a higher end fabric with the newly adjusted measurements.

I hope this is not discouraging to any of you, but when I climb a mountain, I throw down a rope for those behind me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads