• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a buckle on a shoe, who gives a ****? It's not going to ruin your whole look because the buckle is brass instead of silver.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your in the wrong forum buddy... here

big-deal.png

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
It's a buckle on a shoe, who gives a ****? It's not going to ruin your whole look because the buckle is brass instead of silver.

Oh wow, what a fresh, perspective. Way to "keep it real".

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
DW I contest that these navy shoes are intrinsically "cool" - though I would be interested to learn what you specifically think makes them so (you seem to imply it is the colour that makes the shoe "cool") After all, would a navy suit be considered intrinsically cool by virtue of the fact it is navy in colour?
Yes. See this link: http://tinyurl.com/2df2hkr You make some good points. And I suspect that traditional notions of coordinating clothing with accessories went out when Prince Charles began wearing brown shoes with grey and navy suits. As someone said it is just a buckle. If there's a fault here it is probably in the point of view (mine)--I've been working with leather for a long time and I came up believing that brass hardware was appropriate for browns and burgundies and not much else. Putting a brass buckle on a navy or grey pair of shoes ruins the gestalt for me. But that's just me...I can see how just as adding a bit of green to the navy (aquamarine, anyone?) would warm it up, the brass buckle does add warmth to the navy shoe. And I suspect that for many that's exactly the point. Fair enough...as I said I was just musing along. (Thanks for calling me DW)

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vs156b.jpg

ravello chukkas

888style

Reaction score
I have exact same Vass Blue monk pair. When ordering in Budapest store I showed them a picture of Blue Monk pair with the silver buckle, when receiving the pair in the mail 4-6 weeks later, it had the brass buckles on them.

blush.gif

I think I like silver better, but I left it as is. Don't think they could change it now anyway.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
Oh yeaa? Just a buckle? Think again kid!!!
facepalm.gif
devil.gif
facepalm.gif
I wonder how you would feel about it if you, by chance, passed Victoria Secret model on the street and totaly blew your chances of having wild sex with her after she had noticed your horribly mismatched buckle and coldly rejected you with her eyes?

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Oh yeaa? Just a buckle? Think again kid!!!
facepalm.gif
devil.gif
facepalm.gif

I wonder how you would feel about it if you, by chance, passed Victoria Secret model on the street and totaly blew your chances of having wild sex with her after she had noticed your horribly mismatched buckle and coldly rejected you with her eyes?

Christ! I didn't think of it that way
facepalm.gif
Thinking back on my life, I can remember several instances in which I was turned down by some gorgeous women who were completely disgusted by the my failed pairing of buckles. Thank you good sir, you've opened my blind eyes. I only hope it's not too late for me...
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads