• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

avery

Reaction score
what college at u of t?

Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
well I'm at University of Toronto..yah that's right guys, TORONTO for all of the city WHATS UPPPPPPP.
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
skool pride for the mothereffin win!

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Canada and there's a huge intellectual gap between college students and university students.

Ah i see. We call "Colleges" Polytech. Where people go to get diplomas in trades and ****.

Except quite a few of them offer degrees and **** now, and are going for University status.

It's fair enough when you're offering degrees in Nursing and ****.

I can't figure out why you wouldn't just do nursing at a real university though. Haven't looked into it. Maybe the fees are less.

Either way you're still eligible for a student loan at both Polytechs and Universities.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Thx for reminding me I can't find any good cargo pants.
frown.gif

You pretty happy with your Raf by Rafs, ARW?

RLBL cargo pants kinda rule =/

i only have two pairs and if i had more money i would get more

these cropped cargos are pretty sweet imo, good for trolling people irl

PiperInAlberta

Reaction score
butthurt much mr.college-grad-canada-goose-wearing-albertan? lol

I just came out of highschool and I would not trust >75% of the students in the college-bound classes to do anything other than bag groceries. Trust me, I even took a college course in my grade 12 year when I switched schools (they wouldn't let me have two spares so I just took a bird college course). It was a zoo. They let you have cheat sheets on the tests
eh.gif
eh.gif
eh.gif
. One kid even asked what 'ambitious' meant...............
facepalm.gif
The irony was way too much.

you don't really want to compare the jobs of university students to that of college students now do you ??????????????

I'll take being a doctor, politican, lawyer, corporate executive etc. over any job you named.

I graduated from university and can't afford Canada Goose.

I know a few mechanics pulling in $80 000 right out of college at 20-21 years old, whereas my university friends are living at home....working at a Frito Lay packing plant....still working at a bar....

Wait until you hit the real world, an undergrad degree doesn't mean **** these days. I'd start saving instead of blowing your cash on designer clothes (unless, as I suspect, daddy is paying the bills for blowies whenever you come home to visit).

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Thx for reminding me I can't find any good cargo pants.
frown.gif
You pretty happy with your Raf by Rafs, ARW?

I love both pairs of my Raf x Raf jeans. Actually love all my Raf x Raf stuff. You can get it for pretty decent prices. I would go TTS if I were you btw.
Originally Posted by ppllzz
RLBL cargo pants kinda rule =/ i only have two pairs and if i had more money i would get more these cropped cargos are pretty sweet imo, good for trolling people irl
rotflmao.gif
next level shi

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PiperInAlberta
I graduated from university and can't afford Canada Goose.

I know a few mechanics pulling in $80 000 right out of college at 20-21 years old, whereas my university friends are living at home....working at a Frito Lay packing plant....still working at a bar....

Wait until you hit the real world, an undergrad degree doesn't mean **** these days. I'd start saving instead of blowing your cash on designer clothes (unless, as I suspect, daddy is paying the bills for blowies whenever you come home to visit).

80,000 is not near where I want to be financially. And don't worry about my finances; I have my own plan for what's right for me, thank you very much piper.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^
I didn't even catch that. WTF does that even mean??????
eh.gif

I think there are two ways to read it.

1. When you go home to visit, your dad pays your ******* bills.

2. When you go home to visit, you blow your dad so he will pay your bills.

Either way:
uhoh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics