• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anuar
I have the watch with what is now a very worn-out strap, if you doubt that they do separate straps i guess i'll have to either find a replica ones that could use my original metal strap or custom order a leather one from somewhere....

Besides Hermes store, I don't think someone happens to have a spare Hermes strap. You might want to search on ebay, but authenticity can be questionable. It's best to go with custom strap. Try Ted Su at http://www.teddy-straps.com/

You can always ask people in some watch forum like watchuseek.com for recommendation. They have some strap makers there too.

gpw11

Reaction score
Quick question. I'm a fashion marsupial, how much of the inseam should I get taken off when I get these cheap 505's hemmed for optimal stacking/not looking like an idiot? Note, the front forward picture is cuffed just to see what it looks like. And yes, I know I need new kicks.

Also, my 505's are a bit baggy in the rear because I have no ass. Any recommendations on another cheap jean that may work out? On a student budget here.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ make sure to wash them at least once before hemming... otherwise 6 months in when you finally do they'll shrink a bit and then all your fades will be off, plus maybe too short afterwards. I'd suggest posting this Q in the "streetwear and denim" section's "ask a Q"

gpw11

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Sorry about posting on the wrong board, was unaware that there were two different "ask a Q" threads.

I'll move it over to that one.

click here

Reaction score
shirt.jpg
Which fabric looks closest to the above 2 pics?
z30s-1257003984081.jpg
or
90008s-1255183680770.jpg
or
0118s-1265612094860.jpg

huynhm

Reaction score
Does anyone know which brand is currently doing a brown merino wool cardigan? Zegna maybe or another contemporary ?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motorsport226
My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones.
Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones. Why in the hell do you want those anyway? -226
I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.

I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?

The "clunky" aspect doesn't really bother me (Vass banana last), but I'm just not a fan of the shoe as a whole, just curious why you landed on these.

I apologize if I've offended you.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

It's an Internet forum kid, and that's still better than an uninformed answer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics