Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. onix

onix Senior member

I have the watch with what is now a very worn-out strap, if you doubt that they do separate straps i guess i'll have to either find a replica ones that could use my original metal strap or custom order a leather one from somewhere....

Besides Hermes store, I don't think someone happens to have a spare Hermes strap. You might want to search on ebay, but authenticity can be questionable. It's best to go with custom strap. Try Ted Su at http://www.teddy-straps.com/

You can always ask people in some watch forum like watchuseek.com for recommendation. They have some strap makers there too.

2. gpw11

gpw11 Member

Quick question. I'm a fashion retard, how much of the inseam should I get taken off when I get these cheap 505's hemmed for optimal stacking/not looking like an idiot? Note, the front forward picture is cuffed just to see what it looks like. And yes, I know I need new kicks.

Also, my 505's are a bit baggy in the rear because I have no ass. Any recommendations on another cheap jean that may work out? On a student budget here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^ make sure to wash them at least once before hemming... otherwise 6 months in when you finally do they'll shrink a bit and then all your fades will be off, plus maybe too short afterwards. I'd suggest posting this Q in the "streetwear and denim" section's "ask a Q"

4. gpw11

gpw11 Member

Thanks for the tips. Sorry about posting on the wrong board, was unaware that there were two different "ask a Q" threads.

I'll move it over to that one.

5. click here

click here Senior member

[​IMG] Which fabric looks closest to the above 2 pics? [​IMG] or [​IMG] or [​IMG]

6. huynhm

huynhm Active Member

Does anyone know which brand is currently doing a brown merino wool cardigan? Zegna maybe or another contemporary ?

7. onix

onix Senior member

Does anyone know which brand is currently doing a brown merino wool cardigan? Zegna maybe or another contemporary ?

Brooks Brothers has camel hair cardigan for $150 (reduced from $300)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305

8. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

9. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

Who makes this BBBF shoe? I thought it Alden for some reason (but obv not since they don't make double monks). The website says made in England.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones.

Why in the hell do you want those anyway?

10. onix

onix Senior member

My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones.
    Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.

11. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones. Why in the hell do you want those anyway? -226
    I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?

12. Motorsport226

Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.

I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

13. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

C&J makes dozens of BB shoes. There is a 90% chance those are C&J. 10% chance of Alfred Sargent.

C&J's 240 last (used on a lot of BB shoes) is very clunky. Not everything C&J makes is sleek.

14. Motorsport226

I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?

The "clunky" aspect doesn't really bother me (Vass banana last), but I'm just not a fan of the shoe as a whole, just curious why you landed on these.

I apologize if I've offended you.

15. onix

onix Senior member

It's an Internet forum kid, and that's still better than an uninformed answer.