Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. onix

    onix Senior member

    Messages:
    3,847
    Likes Received:
    27
    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have the watch with what is now a very worn-out strap, if you doubt that they do separate straps i guess i'll have to either find a replica ones that could use my original metal strap or custom order a leather one from somewhere....

    Besides Hermes store, I don't think someone happens to have a spare Hermes strap. You might want to search on ebay, but authenticity can be questionable. It's best to go with custom strap. Try Ted Su at http://www.teddy-straps.com/

    You can always ask people in some watch forum like watchuseek.com for recommendation. They have some strap makers there too.
     


  2. gpw11

    gpw11 Member

    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    Quick question. I'm a fashion retard, how much of the inseam should I get taken off when I get these cheap 505's hemmed for optimal stacking/not looking like an idiot? Note, the front forward picture is cuffed just to see what it looks like. And yes, I know I need new kicks.

    Also, my 505's are a bit baggy in the rear because I have no ass. Any recommendations on another cheap jean that may work out? On a student budget here.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
     


  3. Master-Classter

    Master-Classter Senior member

    Messages:
    8,508
    Likes Received:
    1,237
    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    ^^^ make sure to wash them at least once before hemming... otherwise 6 months in when you finally do they'll shrink a bit and then all your fades will be off, plus maybe too short afterwards. I'd suggest posting this Q in the "streetwear and denim" section's "ask a Q"
     


  4. gpw11

    gpw11 Member

    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    Thanks for the tips. Sorry about posting on the wrong board, was unaware that there were two different "ask a Q" threads.

    I'll move it over to that one.
     


  5. click here

    click here Senior member

    Messages:
    821
    Likes Received:
    192
    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2008
    [​IMG] Which fabric looks closest to the above 2 pics? [​IMG] or [​IMG] or [​IMG]
     


  6. huynhm

    huynhm Active Member

    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2007
    Does anyone know which brand is currently doing a brown merino wool cardigan? Zegna maybe or another contemporary ?
     


  7. onix

    onix Senior member

    Messages:
    3,847
    Likes Received:
    27
    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    Does anyone know which brand is currently doing a brown merino wool cardigan? Zegna maybe or another contemporary ?

    Brooks Brothers has camel hair cardigan for $150 (reduced from $300)

    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305
     


  8. thenanyu

    thenanyu Senior member

    Messages:
    2,380
    Likes Received:
    123
    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco


  9. Motorsport226

    Motorsport226 Senior member

    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    3
    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dover, NH
    Who makes this BBBF shoe? I thought it Alden for some reason (but obv not since they don't make double monks). The website says made in England.

    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=


    My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones.

    Why in the hell do you want those anyway?

    -226
     


  10. onix

    onix Senior member

    Messages:
    3,847
    Likes Received:
    27
    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones.
    Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.
     


  11. thenanyu

    thenanyu Senior member

    Messages:
    2,380
    Likes Received:
    123
    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco
    My guess would be Church's, maybe Grenson. They're too inexpensive and clunky to be Crockett & Jones. Why in the hell do you want those anyway? -226
    I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?
     


  12. Motorsport226

    Motorsport226 Senior member

    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    3
    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dover, NH
    Who said Church's are not expensive? They're at the same par with C&J (pricewise). Also, shoemakers can make shoe according to any specification given by the client, hence price might not be the best indicator of shoemakers.

    I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

    -226
     


  13. rebel222

    rebel222 Senior member

    Messages:
    4,704
    Likes Received:
    48
    Joined:
    May 21, 2008
    Location:
    Louisiana
    I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

    -226


    C&J makes dozens of BB shoes. There is a 90% chance those are C&J. 10% chance of Alfred Sargent.


    C&J's 240 last (used on a lot of BB shoes) is very clunky. Not everything C&J makes is sleek.
     


  14. Motorsport226

    Motorsport226 Senior member

    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    3
    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Location:
    Dover, NH
    I want them because I like them. Some of us like "clunky" shoes. Barrie last much?

    The "clunky" aspect doesn't really bother me (Vass banana last), but I'm just not a fan of the shoe as a whole, just curious why you landed on these.

    I apologize if I've offended you.

    -226
     


  15. onix

    onix Senior member

    Messages:
    3,847
    Likes Received:
    27
    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've just never heard of C&J doing a shoe for BB.

    It's an Internet forum kid, and that's still better than an uninformed answer.
     


Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by