• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by avery
Do the Gant selvedge oxfords fit the same as the handloom madras? I bought the madras (sadly not from epaulet) and I'm in love with the fit. I'd like to get a couple of the plain oxfords (from epaulet this time!) and i'm just wondering if they'll fit the exact same. thanks

I measured out all of the Gant shirts, and the Madras is a slightly slimmer fit due to the armholes. The chest, shoulders, and length are pretty much equivalent, but the bigger armholes make the oxfords less fitted. It's a subtle difference.You should go for the same size in the oxfords & Tattersall as you did in the Madras.

That said, we've sold a TON of selvedge oxfords in the store and online - and quite a few to very slim guys. The narrow-loom fabric is really soft and breathable. As a summer long-sleeve oxford, I don't think that it can be beat. As the weather heats up, you might like a little extra room in the arms.

Thanks for thinking of us! We do offer a 14-day refund policy, so you can absolutely send it back if you don't dig the fit. But I think you will
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ahjota
Mike,

Reading on Selectism about a new outfit from Portland called Bridge & Burn. I noticed that you're listed as a stockist. Any notes you can give on the line?

http://www.bridgeandburn.com/

Yes, we picked up the line for the first time this Season. We mostly bought their women's items, but I did get one men's jacket. Haven't opened the box yet (it arrived Friday evening), but I'll let you know how it came out.

Originally Posted by TopHatCat
Just got my XS Navy Pindot shirt. Man, it was close but this narrowly beats out my MJK's for best fitting shirt in my wardrobe. I've been looking for a good polka/pin dot shirt for awhile now, this should be great for spring/summer.

I'll definitely be buying more shirts in the future.
smile.gif

Thank you!

Originally Posted by hnlax
How much do the epaulet shirts shrink? The gingham fits perfect, don't want too much shrinkage after the first wash. I usually wash cold, but sometimes my gf washes my stuff and she washes warm

Thanks again for picking it up. You shouldn't expect much shrinkage in the chest at all. They'll typically shrink a quarter of an inch or so in length. The side seams will soften, and the tail will hang straighter after a wash.

I'd definitely recommend keeping it out of the dryer - both to minimize the shrinkage and keep those bright colors. Washing in warm vs. cold water shouldn't make much difference, but I'd recommend definitely doing at least the first wash on cold.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, I got the Quoddy's today! I love them very much. Thanks again for everything!

To anyone that hasn't bought the 3SixteenxQuoddy deck chukkas Mike had done, do it...NOW!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Mike, I got the Quoddy's today! I love them very much. Thanks again for everything!

To anyone that hasn't bought the 3SixteenxQuoddy deck chukkas Mike had done, do it...NOW!

Thank you sir!

Oh, and my apologies to everyone who's been asking about the red-soled Sperry's. Our ship date was set for yesterday (3/15), so we should be getting them soon. I'll try to nail down something more definite and post it up this week. We have a few good styles coming in. And I've got a list for everyone who reserved the grey suede/red sole boat shoes.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^lol @ the pic.

So ummmm...yeah...how long is it looking for the Snuff Suede longwings? Est pricing?

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Hey Mike, can you put me down on the list too? I'd like to know when those arrive.

Originally Posted by Epaulet
Thank you sir!

Oh, and my apologies to everyone who's been asking about the red-soled Sperry's. Our ship date was set for yesterday (3/15), so we should be getting them soon. I'll try to nail down something more definite and post it up this week. We have a few good styles coming in. And I've got a list for everyone who reserved the grey suede/red sole boat shoes.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Hey Mike, can you put me down on the list too? I'd like to know when those arrive.

Add me too please! For the Sperrys.

enigma77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Hey, anybody get the crazy gingham shirt in yet? Throw up some pics when you do! I'm tryna figure out if it's something that I could even come close to pulling off, and more pics would help me make that decision.
smile.gif

+1

Originally Posted by Epaulet
holy_grail_660.jpg

Alden Whiskey Shell Longwings have arrived! Going on sale 10AM Thursday. My god, they are stunning.

Wait, that's not an Alden Shoe!

Whiskey Shell -- so does that mean you have like 4 pairs? Whiskey is like the Sasquatch of cordovan.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a little image for you too - in about 6 weeks, we'll release our first chino trousers. They'll be made in LA under our "EP's" label. For anyone familiar with our jeans, they'll have the same gunmetal button fly and hickory stripe pockets. Fabric is a soft yet tough UK twill. We'll produce them in British Khaki (a darker tone than the usual "stone" color you see on chinos" and Navy. I'm a big fan of "selvedge chinos." Most of them are more jean than chino. So this is also a hybrid, but more chino than jean. There's some other great details that you'll really like, but I'm going to save them for the launch. Should have them by the end of April.
4440847777_ba59ce8f1d.jpg

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Received the Rudy moleskin pants. The quality is fabulus, but, there is a but, I have a problem. Maybe the holiday still has its toll on me(it's been 3 months now?) because the pants fit like gloves.
(Damn you, fatass!)
I can wear them in a snug way, verging on "tight". However, there's no way I can survive in midwest winters wearing a single pair of pants without long underwears.
Now there are three options for me:
1)I'm in a middle size, so I sized down. I could exchange them for a size larger.
2)How much do they stretch? I could wear them in the current size until they start to stretch.
3)Return them and get a nice OCBD.
What do you think?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Received the Rudy moleskin pants. The quality is fabulus, but, there is a but, I have a problem. Maybe the holiday still has its toll on me(it's been 3 months now?) because the pants fit like gloves.
(Damn you, fatass!)
I can wear them in a snug way, verging on "tight". However, there's no way I can survive in midwest winters wearing a single pair of pants without long underwears.
Now there are three options for me:
1)I'm in a middle size, so I sized down. I could exchange them for a size larger.
2)How much do they stretch? I could wear them in the current size until they start to stretch.
3)Return them and get a nice OCBD.
What do you think?

If they are just tight in the waist and seat, just take them to a tailor and have them let them out a bit, there is 2" or so of extra fabric to let out in the waistband. If they are tight in the thighs as well you'd better size up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads