• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Indigo_phobia
does anybody know where I can find Gitman red oxford in size m?
context already sold out.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164803
smile.gif

peekay88

Reaction score
does anybody know what the sizing is like on their chambray shirts? There's no measurements on the Frances May store. I'm almost always a small in other brands, will a small fit me here?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by peekay88
does anybody know what the sizing is like on their chambray shirts? There's no measurements on the Frances May store. I'm almost always a small in other brands, will a small fit me here?
I recently received the teal chambray and it fits similar to the other Gitmans I own, most similarly their plaid shirts. I usually wear a small in Gitman and the small Gitman worked for me and fits nice and slim.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do shorter people find that the Gitman shirts run really long.
I would need a size medium and the length is measured at 31", which is longer than any of my other shirts.
Any body under 5'7 have this issue?

Grainer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
I would need a size medium and the length is measured at 31", which is longer than any of my other shirts.

I am not 5'7, I am actually 6'2, but I have really long legs and the torso length of a shorter person and I can say that the mediums which fit me perfectly are longer in the back than I would prefer. I just leave it like that because I like to be able to tuck them in and if I took off a couple inches in the length it wouldnt tuck so well. But if it bothers you, just have the length altered, I think it is easy enought to do. If you think you are a size medium I wouldnt size down, although someone else might disagree.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01

I am 5'9" and my medium is longer than I prefer. The front is fine, but the back was like a cape. I had it shortened by a lot, but I don't tuck.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god i got a extra small gitman plaid shirt on the way and all these length comments are now scaring me. i just scrape 5"8 in height. i like to wear my shirts untucked. i hope i don't have this problem or the first gitman shirt maybe also my last lol.

i don't want to bring a $150+ shirt to a tailor everytime i get one.

Gagno905

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
god i got a extra small gitman plaid shirt on the way and all these length comments are now scaring me. i just scrape 5"8 in height. i like to wear my shirts untucked. i hope i don't have this problem or the first gitman shirt maybe also my last lol.

i don't want to bring a $150+ shirt to a tailor everytime i get one.

Cross, I'm 5'8 - 5'9 and wear an XS as well un tucked. Little long, but jcrew shirts are longer. I am not getting mine altered at all and would say I have a shorter torso. It's not long enough to be an issue.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gagno905 but i come from only wearing band of outsiders buttonups and the length is almost near perfect. i just wanted to give gitman bros a shot because the pricepoint starts lower. also nice to mix it up a little sometimes.

Gagno905

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
Gagno905 but i come from only wearing band of outsiders buttonups and the length is almost near perfect. i just wanted to give gitman bros a shot because the pricepoint starts lower. also nice to mix it up a little sometimes.

I don't own any BoO, but I've got a shirt on the way. If this is still going I'll let you know how the BoO fits compared to Gitman (in XS). I was pretty skeptical about the Gitman fitting properly after seeing Context's measurements but it's perfect on me.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gagno905
I don't own any BoO, but I've got a shirt on the way. If this is still going I'll let you know how the BoO fits compared to Gitman (in XS). I was pretty skeptical about the Gitman fitting properly after seeing Context's measurements but it's perfect on me.
The size small and XS Gitman shirts are significantly slimmer than the mediums on up. Size small and XS fit very trim, while mediums through extra large fit only slight slimmer than TTS. The arms are not going to be quite as tight as BOO, but in my opinion, Gitman shirts are just as well made for about $100 less. If you're really not satisfied with the shirt, just get it tailored or return it. Even with a tailor, it will still be less expensive than a BOO shirt. Also, in my experience, the chambray and plaid shirts fit slimmer than the standard oxfords.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllHustle417