• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

thomasec

Reaction score
Just spoke with Phillip at Haberdash, and he said they are doing $25 off their shirts right now so....you could cop a Gitman for just over $100.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
Just spoke with Phillip at Haberdash, and he said they are doing $25 off their shirts right now so....you could cop a Gitman for just over $100.

Interesting discount you speaketh of. I wonder if they send sale. Hmm...

JRyder

Reaction score
Penelopes in Chicago has just about every Chambray on Gitmans site, all for $135.

Also, Haberdash in Chicago has most of the Chambrays and Cotton Oxfords:

Penelopes:
773-395-2351

Haberdash
312-440-1300

Still looking for the green chambray button down, does anyone know who might have it or be getting it.
Cheers

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Interesting discount you speaketh of. I wonder if they send sale. Hmm...
Pretty sure they'll send sale items. Also, if you sign up for their mailing list, you get a $20 GC, (although you cannot combine these two offers...but I'm pretty sure the $25 off is applied to every shirt you buy, not just one). Here is a link to get on their email list: http://visitor.constantcontact.com/m...tjcA7ATA%3D%3D Oh, and here's the promo flyer I got from them: http://www.haberdashmen.com/email/20...shirtpromo.jpg

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
Still looking for the green chambray button down, does anyone know who might have it or be getting it.
Cheers

You sure Haberdash doesn't have the green? I could have sworn they had it when I was there this past Thursday.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I posted this before, but if any of you are looking for another shop with an online presence that carries Gitman check Francis May located in Portland. Site is legit, great customer service, quick shipping and they carry other SF approved gear besides Gitman. They have new stock online right now. You're welcome.

saelan

Reaction score
I haen't tried on any Gitman chambrays. How do they compare to the oxfords in weight? Do they fit the same?

JRyder

Reaction score
You sure Haberdash doesn't have the green? I could have sworn they had it when I was there this past Thursday.

Nope, I called and no green chambray
confused.gif

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saelan
I haen't tried on any Gitman chambrays. How do they compare to the oxfords in weight? Do they fit the same?

i have the inventory x gitman collab chambray shirt, and the weight is similar to oxford weight. fitwise, I think it depends on the chambray. the inventory x gitman collab is a bit slimmer, and i've seen a heavy chambray that was really slim fitting in the FS section

flipsilk

Reaction score
the gitman chambrays arent what we normally think of as chambray.

They are extremely light, and have somewhat of a sheen to them.

The inventory piece was more of a heavy material.

I havent seen a green chambray in the collection unless its that aqua to which youre referring

saelan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flipsilk
the gitman chambrays arent what we normally think of as chambray. They are extremely light, and have somewhat of a sheen to them.
This is actually what I was hoping for (they look light). Ordered the teal from Frances May. Great color!

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flipsilk
the gitman chambrays arent what we normally think of as chambray.

They are extremely light, and have somewhat of a sheen to them.

The inventory piece was more of a heavy material.

I havent seen a green chambray in the collection unless its that aqua to which youre referring

Isn't the bottom left shirt a green chambray?

http://www.gitmanvintage.com/chambray.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads