Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tizim

tizim Well-Known Member

Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

I actually have a Medium white oxford that i had darted substantially. My girlfriend just informed that it made its way through the dryer and will almost certainly be too small for me now (6'1, 190 lbs, broad shoulders).

Anyone interested in a Smedium oxford? let me know and we can trade/sell/arrange something.

I also have to wonder who's shirts Gitman is making their ties for? The collars are pretty big on their shirts yet the ties are pretty skinny/thin. Small knot with a big collar does not a good look make. Anyone else find this odd?

3. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Anyone know of a site selling XS Gitmans? Not looking for a particular shirt just yet, just loving mine and want some more.

4. JGP.

JGP. Senior member

Anyone else have trouble with gitman's being too short? I was trying on the navy/white gingham short sleeve in L and the fit was absolutely perfect everywhere except it was like two inches too short in the body. I was not happy, really loved the shirt beside the length. I am 6'3 fyi

5. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.

I have this issue as well. Quick question when it comes to darting. Is this something that needs to be done by a skilled tailor, or will any place that does alterations be fine.

It doesn't seem terribly difficult to do, and I'm tired of taking my gitmans to my expensive, regular tailor for something that seem so basic.

6. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Has anyone tried having a tailor finish the box pleat to slim down a medium?

7. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

Has anyone tried having a tailor finish the box pleat to slim down a medium?

that sounds a bit difficult considering they'll probably have to cut & refinish the bottom

8. Tarwater

Tarwater Active Member

Anyone else have trouble with gitman's being too short? I was trying on the navy/white gingham short sleeve in L and the fit was absolutely perfect everywhere except it was like two inches too short in the body. I was not happy, really loved the shirt beside the length. I am 6'3 fyi

I'm 6'2 and between a medium and a large in Gitman sizing. The medium is slim (almost a little too slim but not quite) and it's too short to tuck in, but looks perfect worn casually with a pair jeans. On any shirt I'm actually going to wear a little more formally, I have to size up to a large so it'll be long enough to tuck. It still fits, but it's more of a classic cut than a slim cut.

9. karl winslow

karl winslow Well-Known Member

so heated I missed the boat on blackbird for the red/blue madras bowties...

Anyone know anywhere I can find one of the s/s 10 madras bow-ties?

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested in the red oxford in small, I have a NWT one that I have decided to part with and will list in B&S eventually. $145 shipped US. Pm me.

11. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

I have this issue as well. Quick question when it comes to darting. Is this something that needs to be done by a skilled tailor, or will any place that does alterations be fine.

It doesn't seem terribly difficult to do, and I'm tired of taking my gitmans to my expensive, regular tailor for something that seem so basic.

i don't think it needs to be done by a "skilled" tailor. the darting is actually quite simple to do and it does take out a solid 1"-1.25" of slack out of the back. i just took note of where the darts were placed on my BoO BD's(generally 1/2 way between the side seam and center of the shirt from armpit height all the way down), pressed the folds in place then sewed them down. i've altered a few of my jcrew shirts and a couple of my gitmans. absolutely swear by darting. it's a great simple alteration without pulling apart the whole side seam.

12. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

I sized up and bought the Teal Chambray in M and it's great. I'd like to the Violet one in M as well but I can't find it anywhere. I e-mailed Gitman so hopefully I'll get a good answer.

13. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

I sized up and bought the Teal Chambray in M and it's great. I'd like to the Violet one in M as well but I can't find it anywhere. I e-mailed Gitman so hopefully I'll get a good answer.

I believe Haberdash in Chicago has this.

(312) 440-1300

14. stevenvg

stevenvg Senior member

Anyone know of a site selling XS Gitmans? Not looking for a particular shirt just yet, just loving mine and want some more.

context

15. dznqbit

dznqbit Active Member

I bought that teal Gitman Chambray as well but the small was too small and the medium by the measurements would be way too big.
    Yea I'm gonna have to do the same thing. S fits me but only when I stand with arms at my sides... stretch my shoulders at all and get the x on the upper buttons.

I do like the colour though [​IMG]