• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

tizim

Reaction score
Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.

flipsilk

Reaction score
I actually have a Medium white oxford that i had darted substantially. My girlfriend just informed that it made its way through the dryer and will almost certainly be too small for me now (6'1, 190 lbs, broad shoulders).

Anyone interested in a Smedium oxford? let me know and we can trade/sell/arrange something.

I also have to wonder who's shirts Gitman is making their ties for? The collars are pretty big on their shirts yet the ties are pretty skinny/thin. Small knot with a big collar does not a good look make. Anyone else find this odd?

Gagno905

Reaction score
Anyone know of a site selling XS Gitmans? Not looking for a particular shirt just yet, just loving mine and want some more.

JGP.

Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble with gitman's being too short? I was trying on the navy/white gingham short sleeve in L and the fit was absolutely perfect everywhere except it was like two inches too short in the body. I was not happy, really loved the shirt beside the length. I am 6'3 fyi

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tizim
Those fit you awesome tonio and nice jeans (I think), what's your chest size? Here's me in a medium grey... anyone else have issues w/ the back popping out like that? Seems like Gitman medium-smalls would be popular, someone needs to get on that.

I have this issue as well. Quick question when it comes to darting. Is this something that needs to be done by a skilled tailor, or will any place that does alterations be fine.

It doesn't seem terribly difficult to do, and I'm tired of taking my gitmans to my expensive, regular tailor for something that seem so basic.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried having a tailor finish the box pleat to slim down a medium?

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Has anyone tried having a tailor finish the box pleat to slim down a medium?

that sounds a bit difficult considering they'll probably have to cut & refinish the bottom

Tarwater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGP.
Anyone else have trouble with gitman's being too short? I was trying on the navy/white gingham short sleeve in L and the fit was absolutely perfect everywhere except it was like two inches too short in the body. I was not happy, really loved the shirt beside the length. I am 6'3 fyi

I'm 6'2 and between a medium and a large in Gitman sizing. The medium is slim (almost a little too slim but not quite) and it's too short to tuck in, but looks perfect worn casually with a pair jeans. On any shirt I'm actually going to wear a little more formally, I have to size up to a large so it'll be long enough to tuck. It still fits, but it's more of a classic cut than a slim cut.

karl winslow

Reaction score
so heated I missed the boat on blackbird for the red/blue madras bowties...

Anyone know anywhere I can find one of the s/s 10 madras bow-ties?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the spam, but if anyone is interested in the red oxford in small, I have a NWT one that I have decided to part with and will list in B&S eventually. $145 shipped US. Pm me.

dzynr78

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thomasec
I have this issue as well. Quick question when it comes to darting. Is this something that needs to be done by a skilled tailor, or will any place that does alterations be fine.

It doesn't seem terribly difficult to do, and I'm tired of taking my gitmans to my expensive, regular tailor for something that seem so basic.

i don't think it needs to be done by a "skilled" tailor. the darting is actually quite simple to do and it does take out a solid 1"-1.25" of slack out of the back. i just took note of where the darts were placed on my BoO BD's(generally 1/2 way between the side seam and center of the shirt from armpit height all the way down), pressed the folds in place then sewed them down. i've altered a few of my jcrew shirts and a couple of my gitmans. absolutely swear by darting. it's a great simple alteration without pulling apart the whole side seam.

obnavox3

Reaction score
I sized up and bought the Teal Chambray in M and it's great. I'd like to the Violet one in M as well but I can't find it anywhere. I e-mailed Gitman so hopefully I'll get a good answer.

thomasec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obnavox3
I sized up and bought the Teal Chambray in M and it's great. I'd like to the Violet one in M as well but I can't find it anywhere. I e-mailed Gitman so hopefully I'll get a good answer.

I believe Haberdash in Chicago has this.

(312) 440-1300

stevenvg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gagno905
Anyone know of a site selling XS Gitmans? Not looking for a particular shirt just yet, just loving mine and want some more.

context

dznqbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obnavox3
I bought that teal Gitman Chambray as well but the small was too small and the medium by the measurements would be way too big.
Yea I'm gonna have to do the same thing. S fits me but only when I stand with arms at my sides... stretch my shoulders at all and get the x on the upper buttons.

I do like the colour though
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads