• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor.com vis-a-vis ModernTailor.com

columbia92

Reaction score
Originally Posted by badsha
Finally got the shirts in 8 weeks + 1 day. First impressions, eh. Fit was ok and the quality was ok i guess. CEGO fits better. The collar and collars are just right. I was expecting more. Hopefully the shirts will fit nicely after a couple of washings, but im not holding my breath. My JCREW XS fits better right now.

I really respect your patience... Lately, many people have been reporting to have moderntailor shirts delivered door to door in 8 or 9 days.

Weich77

Reaction score
One more fan for Modern Tailor
Great experiences with Modern Tailor, reasonable price and good quality

michaelp123

Reaction score
Well at least the moderntailor website is up and working.. at this exact moment, mytailor is down. Last night I was having some bizarre issues with their online ordering process -- errors, failure, etc.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelp123
Well at least the moderntailor website is up and working.. at this exact moment, mytailor is down. Last night I was having some bizarre issues with their online ordering process -- errors, failure, etc.

I have sent them several emails in the past couple of weeks. No response.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelp123

Their website works for me. I've ordered around 18 shirts from My Tailor and they've all arrived in from 3 to 8 weeks, depending on what time of year it is, and how busy they are. And I've always received prompt responses to my emails, but I don't send them a lot of emails.

sabvinnie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Their website works for me. I've ordered around 18 shirts from My Tailor and they've all arrived in from 3 to 8 weeks, depending on what time of year it is, and how busy they are. And I've always received prompt responses to my emails, but I don't send them a lot of emails.
3-8 weeks is too long for me to wait for a shirt. I have used Mytailor and moderntailor but communication and timing just bother me. Nialma 4 for 3 works out at $70 a shirt (inc shipping) and they come quickly between 1-2 weeks without fail. Plus communication is spot on. So much time wasting with the others.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I had the occasion to buy a few more shirts this summer, and used both vendors. I've purchased from both before so they already have my fit. Results:

• MyTailor: Ordered May 4, Shipped July 15, Delivered July 19 = 76 days.
  • ModernTailor: Ordered July 7, Shipped July 9(!), Delivered July 15 = 8 days.

At this point the only thing that keeps MyTailor afloat for me is their selection of mid-priced fabrics for casual shirts. I'm really not interested in planning my shirt needs 2 1/2 months ahead of time.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtaccaliti
I could't wait 76 days

I really, really didn't think it was going to take that long; my previous order was 29 days. Also, MyTailor's communication is crap. They didn't answer my first email at all. Days later I finally called the California office; the guy there didn't know anything about the status of my order. On the upside, it sort of feels like Christmas morning if and when your shirts show up, because by then you probably forgot you ever placed the order in the first place.

jessis

Reaction score
When I first bought shirts tailored online I used Mytailor, but they have got progressively worse with their service, website etc. Now that I have my profile nailed I just choose amongst a few pf the online tailors depending on the fabrics they have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads