• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost: Season 6

dinted voice

Reaction score
Didn't see that, but they gave a different explanation of it this past week. Maybe that is proof that FLocke was lying?

After thinking it through, could it be that Jacob is trying to get one of the losties shown on the cave ceiling to change the equation, and save humanity?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
^^ If you believe the FLocke (fake Locke) then the numbers were revealed last week. (don't want to spoil in case someone hasn't seen it yet).

The creators said they don't want to answer every single question and come off as pedantic. Personally, I like that approach, but will be pissed without answers to the big ones.

Spoiler -- highlight to see. Doesn't explain what the relation is between the numbers and the passenger to whom each number is assigned.
Originally Posted by grundletaint
the numbers were answered in the side-game thing a year or so ago. valenzentti equation.

Forgot about that. mmph.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Who are you people?"

[silence]

"What are you doing?"

[silence]

"What just happened?"

[silence]

"Where are you taking us?"

[silence]

Imagine if anyone verbally answered their questions on the show. The episode would be over in 5 minutes.

Spinoffs -

Season 7 - Springsteen lands on island - BOSSED

Season 8 - Jesus lands on island - CROSSED

Season 9 - Dental Hygienist lands on island - FLOSSED

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
After Season 2 I suggested a spinoff with one of my favorite characters at the time -- LOCKE. I miss the old self-doubting, crotchety, weird mystic hunter who could never catch a break.

Psyren

Reaction score
Locke and Desmond are by far the most interesting characters. Desmond should get a spin off if anyone though.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really really want to see dave chappelle make a 1 hour lost parody.

look up the yankee theory as far as the numbers and who's crossed out in what order. (hint-jack is last)

edit: i did it for you

My first point was brought up way back in season 1. The remaining numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 are all New York Yankee retired jersey numbers. The first number retired from the Yankee Organization? #4 - Lou Gehrig. The first candidated killed? #4 - John Locke.

I am convinced that MIB cannot leave the island as long as Jacob finds a candidate to replace him and keep MIB contained. MIBs plan is to kill off each of the remaining candidates to he is free to leave, likely when the current and alt timelines merge or cross paths. MIB cannot kill these candidates himself (via young Jacob/Aaron) so he is attempting to con Sawyer into doing it for him. He tells Sawyer he will be free to leave the island, but first Sawyer must help him eliminate the rest of the candidates. He knows Sawyer would not be the best choice (being a candidate and all), so he first asked Richard Alpert.

If this is the case, and MIB is able to somehow kill these candidates off, our losties will die in the following order, based on jersey numbers being retired in Yankee history:

#4 - John Locke (Lou Gehrig 1939)
#42 - ?? Kwon (Jackie Robinson 1956)
#8 - Hugo Reyes (yogi Berra 1972)
#16 - Sayid Jarrah (Whitey Ford 1974)
#15 - Sawyer Ford (Thurman Munson 1979)
#23 - Jack Shepard (Don Mattingly 1997)

Notice that this would leave Sawyer a showdown with Jack, who he blames for killing Juliet. Jack will defeat Sawyer, and become the new Jacob, protector of the island. Alot of these years raise some eyebrows as far as years the losties have visited in the past. '39, '56, '74 and '77 all come to mind.

I am not saying that I believe Sawyer will follow through with this, however it does make sense that Jack would be the last remainging candidate because many people believe he will end up being the new Jacob before my theory was developed. Also, dont forget that Dogen was spinning the baseball in S6E3. Likely a red herring, but still something interesting to think about and see what happens.

EDIT: Mattingly's jersey was retired in 1997, correction from 1979. This supports my theory even more because as many people believe, Jack will become the new Jacob and continue his fight against Locke. Mattingly can also be found written on the cave ceiling!!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
Locke and Desmond are by far the most interesting characters. Desmond should get a spin off if anyone though.

Desmond is my favorite character, brother.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Sadly this season will be over before we even know it. It'll be awesome, though. Before, when I used to watch weekly tv shows, the week wait til the next was agonizing... now it seems after I watch an episode, I blink, and it's already the weekend and a new episode is just around the corner. Already the 5th episode coming up? Wheeew.

AGPi

Reaction score
I saw the first episode of Season Six, but nothing since ... might wait until I can watch them all in one gulp. The yankee theory is v interesting, and thanks for posting that.

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolf Among Wolves
James asks black clad Jack if he wants some fish. 100 year old Vincent runs out of the jungle. They're coming!

L O S T

What?

Anyways tonights episode was good. Flashsideways with Jacks kid was interesting too but the Hurley and Jack adventres were the most enteraining to see. Especially the lighthouse it makes you wonder though what different things would appear in the mirror had they set it to one of the other candidates numbers. Oh and the number 108 had the name Wallace beside it so that's probably a new character that they'll introduce and looks like ***** going down with Smocke and Claire heading to the temple and I'm guessing that Sayid will start to turn on his buddies and start helping Smocke cause his infection must have spread a lot by now.

I'd love for them to take a break from this and start answering questions about the Ben/Widmore/Desmond/Penny side of the story and answer some questions like who really staged th fake plane crash way back when and if the rules that Ben and Widmore follow in their fued is the same that Jacob and MiB do. Also what makes Desmond special and why is it that "the rules don't apply to him" which is what Ms. Hawking said. I'm thinking Desmond is the key that will link or seperate both timelines because he's the only one that possibly could.

Can't believe I wrote this much from the iPod.

Jon Cruz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
What?

I'd love for them to take a break from this and start answering questions about the Ben/Widmore/Desmond/Penny side of the story and answer some questions like who really staged th fake plane crash way back when...

Can't believe I wrote this much from the iPod.

Widmore staged the fake plane crash. That was answered in S4. And agreed, I liked tonight's episode. It's good to see the characters getting redemption in their alternate off-island life, even if people are bitching the alternate story lines are boring.

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolf Among Wolves
James asks black clad Jack if he wants some fish. 100 year old Vincent runs out of the jungle. They're coming!

L O S T

laugh.gif
Is that what you think the ending will be like?

If so
facepalm.gif
to the writers.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still have never seen a complete episode of Lost, but as I was channel surfing last night I saw the gadget with all the numbers, and mirrors (maybe?).

Made me think of the old Myst computer game.

Is there a "Lost for Dummies" anywhere?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I still have never seen a complete episode of Lost, but as I was channel surfing last night I saw the gadget with all the numbers, and mirrors (maybe?).

Made me think of the old Myst computer game.

Is there a "Lost for Dummies" anywhere?

Sometimes I feel like a dummy for still watching Lost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads