• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost: Season 6

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
After Season 2 I suggested a spinoff with one of my favorite characters at the time -- LOCKE. I miss the old self-doubting, crotchety, weird mystic hunter who could never catch a break.

Locke is my 2nd favorite behind Ben. Ben is just so wonderfully evil and the way he is able the manipulate those around is astounding.

Originally Posted by micbain
One of the worst episodes to date. The show has really fallen apart. None of it makes any sense. If ninja guy was the only one keeping new locke out, why wasn't he actually protected? Sayid is a hardened war vet who has seen a lot in his days. Ninja guy tries to kill him with the poison pill, almost kills him, and then easily convinces him to attack new locke?
ffffuuuu.gif

The whole show seems really hokey now. From the script, to the set.... everything.

I miss the old LOST of season 1 which was built around mystery, suspense and character development.

I have do disagree. the Sayid "atlernate reality" storyline was one of my favs. At one point I turned to my wife and said, "These men are going to die, and I'm going to enjoy watching it". And sure enough, Sayid came through for me (and his brother).

With regard to some of your criticisms toward Dogen's demise, I think you're missing some critical points. Dogen is able to convince Sayid to attack Flocke not because he made a compelling argument, but because he was able to prey upon Sayid's most vulnerable internal demons. Sayid has always wanted to believe that he was a good man (he says as much during the episode), but deep down inside he knows that he's cold blooded killer. In the end, Sayid always believed that his desire always trumped his killer instincts.

When Dogen hooks him up to the "torture machine" he learns that Sayid is not in balance (as Sayid had always believed) but is in fact more evil than good. So in the end Sayid wants to prove Dogen wrong and that is why he agrees to kill Flocke.

Also, I think the language around being possessed isn't correct. I think the right term is convinced. Flocke forces people to chose between what they think they want (to be good) and what they actually want (he promises Aaron to Claire and either Shannon or some other woman to Sayid).

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I'm fine enough with what's going on. It's not really what I was expecting but I'm not really disappointed with any of it. I haven't been watching it since Day 1 so I guess I understand why people feel they are 'owed' a better show, but in my experience hype/high expectations will almost ALWAYS let you down. So far I'm just rolling with it. It's a little unusual in that the show has a different feel without true flashbacks... it feels as though what's going on right now has less and less to do with what happened in the first few seasons, because everything now is based off of NEW things; the temple; fake locke, both new.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have cablevision, so I am more fucked than the island's inhabitants.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where?

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
not more fucked than kate. she's a whore.

Kate's only slept with 2 dudes in 3 years since crashing on the island...??

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
god damnit i wish i could just be ******* done with this show.

I know what you mean but I'm too invested in Lost even though this season is such fail compared to 1 and 3.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
where?

Ch131.com posts the episodes that night usually. Quality is meh, but at least you can see it that night.

The last 5 or so episodes of this season will comprise the biggest television answer orgasm in history. I think they have been building the tension with question after question since ep 1, and they'll finally let it all explode out in a supreme climax of answers at the very end. I just hope its satisfying. Bring your towels folks.

ronmill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
i'm with ya there brotha...

1244476208-lostdesmond.jpg

still the constant is probably the best tv episode i've ever seen... ever

Everyone wets themselves when it comes to "The Constant", but I venture to say that "The Shape of Things to Come", "The Man Behind The Curtain", and perhaps "The Economist" are superior episodes.

Albern

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolf Among Wolves
Hurley dies in the Black Rock. Ben goes with Smoke Monster. Sayid shoots Illana and puts her in the grave Ben was digging. Widmore is on the submarine with... Ben's first love Annie!

L O S T

laugh.gif
I love your story ideas, were you one of the writers from Lost that constantly got his ideas shot down?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads