• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lots of good stuff on this page!

edits: oops, now I mean "last page". Missed it by one post.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics032.jpg

Blake686

Reaction score
A little before SF and after SF comparison. It has been about 6 months since I joined (and I have bought and sold about 5 pairs that didn't fit correctly). Sorry for the crappy pics, not the best photogropher or camera.

Before...Hide your eyes, a lot of Kenneth Cole
IMG_0632.jpg

After...
IMG_0640.jpg

Bottom (L to R): Barker Black Archdale in Antique Chestnut, Barker Black Archdale in Black, Barker Blake Harboros in Burgundy, Barker Bacl Harboros in Mahogany
Top (L to R): Grenson Masterpice for Paul Stuart Timothy in Cognac, Allen Edmonds Delray in Chili, John Lobb Ashley in A Chocolate Brown, John Lobb Towcester in Black

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blake686
A little before SF and after SF comparison. It has been about 6 months since I joined (and I have bought and sold about 5 pairs that didn't fit correctly). Sorry for the crappy pics, not the best photogropher or camera.

Your black Barker Blacks dont deserve shoe trees?
frown.gif

Blake686

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
^NOW THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! What a transformation!!

Regards.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
^^^ wow, that is quite a transformation. Good job.

Originally Posted by kolecho
+1, very impressive new collection.

Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Blake686, spokesmodel for SF.

Awesome!

Thank you all very much! It is amazing not only how much better I look and feel, but how much more comfortable my feet are. I wasn't even wearing the correct size, and squeezing my feet into a 10-10.5 when I am really an 11D!

Any suggestions on where to expand next would be great. I am hoping to slow down for now as this is an expensive transformation, but would love some ideas for the future.

Tom, I would love to come visit Hawaii sometime and get a MTO pair done, but that is in due time.

Blake686

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Your black Barker Blacks dont deserve shoe trees?
frown.gif

They have a set of trees too, I was just putting toungue pads in them and forgot to put them back in for the picture.

Do the type of trees matter? I feel as though the ones with the thin wooden heel strecth the shoes oddly and the ones with the full heel fit the shoe much better? Any thoughts on this or am I seeing things?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The full wood heel is of course better. I was just being picky on your picture.

You could use some suede in there, as well as a monkstrap or two.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Nice! I'm hesitant to place an order because I can't get a good sense of their colors from web pics. Is this vintage rioja, rosewood or cherry on the TG73?

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
It seems like more of a Chestnut color to me. Also, I'm guessing that's the MH71 last as it seems to be more of a soft square toe. I personally prefer the MH71 much more than the TG73 which appears too elongated. I have yet to pull the trigger on a pair of G&G's. Not sure I ever will to be honest.

MH71 in Vintage Cherry. I also prefer them to TG73, here are my TG73 (Gable in Vintage Oak):
4b4a2301-868f-4e25-be3a-e90d98b884a1.JPG

e5fb0ff3-6217-48f8-8140-ac56430c03ac.JPG

31e078c8-b83f-47ab-87e4-88672a25d9bd.JPG

ebdd5b5d-f0b4-42b7-ba2a-c5c20a1bed12.JPG

Blake686

Reaction score
I do want a pair of suede, possible a chocolate brown. I am not a huge fan of monkstraps, but also haven't had the chance to try a nice pair on, so it is something I plan on doing in the near future. The unfortunate thing about where I live is the lack of availablity to great shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads