• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

jaac

Reaction score
Thinking about getting some Oliver Peoples x NDG - 1, the tortise shell ones. Does anyone own these? I know they were quite popular a while ago. Would like some fit pics if you still have some.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in on this thread and thank CityConnection for all the advice he's given on an excellent thread.

I just got back from picking up my new frames from the boutique:
REIZ Falke
in Blond/Black

3.jpg
2.jpg

1.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somecallmebj
I just wanted to chime in on this thread and thank CityConnection for all the advice he's given on an excellent thread. I just got back from picking up my new frames from the boutique:
REIZ Falke in Blond/Black
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
That is an AWSOME looking 2 tone front and the huge barrels on the temples. It's got the almost vintage but still trendy look to it. Good stuff! Hope you enjoy them.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Just picked up some of the Ray Ban Ultra Caravan off of Gilt. Can you tell me what the quality is like on these? They have a polarized P3 lens, which is the best Ray Ban makes.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Just picked up some of the Ray Ban Ultra Caravan off of Gilt. Can you tell me what the quality is like on these? They have a polarized P3 lens, which is the best Ray Ban makes.

They are Raybans. Their quality is not as good as back in the days, BUT they are still made well. You can tell how well made a frame is when you take it apart to put lenses into the frame. I have taken many of these aviator types apart and I can say they are good quality. Not the best that I have seen, but for the price they are decent. Chances are you paid a lot less than retail which is another added bonus. How much did you pay if you don't mind announcing...

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Paid less than $200 when the retail was $475. The Ultras have some nice features that the normal ones do not, such as a spring hinges, a gold plated titanium frame, and the p3 lenses. Those lenses are supposed to be polarized water repellant lenses and lighter and thinner than normal ray ban frames.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
Paid less than $200 when the retail was $475. The Ultras have some nice features that the normal ones do not, such as a spring hinges, a gold plated titanium frame, and the p3 lenses. Those lenses are supposed to be polarized water repellant lenses and lighter and thinner than normal ray ban frames.

Sounds like you got it at a steal. Spring hinges are a big issue with those Rayban aviators. They are thin and light, but matched with the glass lenses, it isnt always comfortable. Water repellent lenses are always a good feature in light rain or on the boat. Enjoy!

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
The good news is I wanted them last year, and they somehow managed to get buried in Gilt's sale in Women's ski accessories.

Really good deal, because I think retail was $475 to $485.

I think the caravans are different enough, but classic. At least not the teardrop aviators that everyone is wearing.

bokhan

Reaction score
doesn't have to be specifically that pair or brand.

just want something in that style.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bokhan
doesn't have to be specifically that pair or brand. just want something in that style.
There are a lot of color combos like that. Almost every manufacture makes that color combo now. What aspect of that frame do you like? The shape? Rviets? color? nose bridge? Thickness? material?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
Is the brand Gold and Wood recommended?

Gold & Wood is a higher end company that utilizes unique materials to eyewear. Obviously know for their gold and wood but also such materials as horn. They have a hefty price tag but their materials are difficult to work with so that reflects in their price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads