Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask me about Eyewear!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CityConnection, May 23, 2009.

1. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

Hey, CC, know anything about Beausoleil frames? They've got a frame that was perfect on my face but I'm just wondering if they're worth the price and if you had any insight that'd be great. Thanks.

I think we have discussed this already. Please search through the thread. [​IMG]

2. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

--

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

3. CityConnection

I have a very specific question. I'm looking for some sunglasses with a frame that's very thin behind the ears. Or flat at least. I'm hearing impaired and have hearing aids which means the frame has to be resting between my hearing aids and my head, so my ears pop out if I stuff sunglasses in between. I could strip off the plastic around the metal but that doesn't look too great as well.. any suggestions which frame/sunglasses would be best?

[​IMG]

That is an excellent question and you found the right person to ask. My mother wears hearing aids so I know exactly what you mean, she has told me the same thing before as well.

I don't know what kind of style you are looking for, but 1 I know for sure that is very thin is the Rayban Classic Aviators. They are as thin as you can go. As well, Maui Jim has one that Haratio from CSI Miami wears. Those would be my first 2 suggestions. Then, if you need an RX in the sunglasses, I would say to look into rimless frames like Minima, Silhouette, and Lindberg. They have very thin frames that will not affect your behind-the-ear hearing aid. Try to stay away from plastic temples because they will be uncomfortable and thick. Also, try to find metal frames that are thin and light.

I would NOT suggest to take off the temple tips because the ends are usually quite sharp so you dont want to scratch/cut yourself there because that bone behind our eye is very sensitive and very important if you're wearing hearing aids.

4. crackerjack

crackerjack Senior member

Thank you very much for this quick and elaborate reply. I'll look into your suggestions [​IMG]

5. CityConnection

Thank you very much for this quick and elaborate reply. I'll look into your suggestions [​IMG]

No problem. Let us know if/when you get a pair of sunglasses.

6. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

I think we have discussed this already. Please search through the thread. [​IMG]

I searched and didn't come up with anything, the model number I really liked was 246. Might pick them up on Monday.

7. CityConnection

I searched and didn't come up with anything, the model number I really liked was 246. Might pick them up on Monday.
    What is the retail price on them? Their styles and models seem like they were inspired by several different lines. They don't seem to have a distinct style or theme amongst the frames. I don't know much about their quality though... I like the style, but there are a lot of companies that make that style. Salt, Hackett, Modo, O&X, and so on.

8. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

shot you another PM, cc!

9. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Retail was around $350 I think. I don't have much experience with frames but they were right next to a bunch of Paul Smith and I didn't even know they were a different brand until I looked closer. One thing that I liked is that they felt much more substantial, in a good way, than a lot of the other frames felt when holding them.

10. CityConnection

shot you another PM, cc!

Right back at you.

11. CityConnection

Retail was around $350 I think. I don't have much experience with frames but they were right next to a bunch of Paul Smith and I didn't even know they were a different brand until I looked closer. One thing that I liked is that they felt much more substantial, in a good way, than a lot of the other frames felt when holding them.

To be frank, in that price range and under there are a lot of choices in that style, BUT you have to wear something that is comfortable for you. A first impression is a lasting one. When you first picked them up if you really liked them, chances are you are set on them. I don't know much about the company but that DOESN'T mean that my "judgement" is correct about them. Go with what you like!

12. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

Can anyone identify these? they look crazy awesome [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. irbe

irbe Senior member

Have to finish up some of my health spending money for the year and looking at some new specs, have it narrowed down to the below four:

Salt Optics Clayton:
    http://www.contactsandspecs.com/salt000125531719.html

Mykita Nigel:
    http://www.contactsandspecs.com/mykita000163001171.html

Mykita Barney:
    http://www.contactsandspecs.com/mykita000178001187.html

Oliver Peoples Ellsworth:
    http://www.contactsandspecs.com/oliv...150000138.html

I don't know what shape face I have:

[​IMG]

Which one do you think I should get? Thanks

14. confab

confab Well-Known Member

Can anyone identify these?
    they look crazy awesome

Not positive, but I believe that's the logo of a brand called Yanagi Gawa Ichiro.

You could try contacting the blog's owner? http://timothymar.wordpress.com/about/

15. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

Hey City,

Can you recommend some SALT acetate fram sunglasses that fit a lower bridge?

Thanks.