• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I know it seems REALLY boring but... I have half a mind to pick up some broken-in chinos in light grey and stone. I don't have these colors in my chinos yet.

Would you wear chinos in grey or stone?
IMO grey pants look terrible in anything besides wool.

Edit- Grey jeans are also okay, but not nearly as good as indigo or black.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I would. Especially stone. There have been times I've wanted something other than tan or white. The white's too bright, the tan's too brown. I know it seems... Yah, I know I'm setting myself up. Just seems like a light grey and/or stone is appropriate sometimes.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
For anybody who has the 484 jeans, did the thighs stretch/loosen up over time? I tried some on again today (since the medium wash ones are on final sale w/ alot of sizes left) and they fit great except a bit tight through the thighs, and I'm think a couple days of wear would fix that.

yeah, they stretched considerably. they're not 100% cotton so it's a given that they will.

stopped into the 484 store today, the mr. freedom stuff and alden collabs are pretty amazing, but i also found out the only difference between the $225 484 selvedge jean and $150 version is that the former are true raw jeans.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Khaki/chino purchases? Yes or no?

shadrach

Reaction score
this probably isnt the right thread, but how do you guys prevent the dye from selvedge/raw jeans from rubbing onto your shoes?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shadrach
this probably isnt the right thread, but how do you guys prevent the dye from selvedge/raw jeans from rubbing onto your shoes?

By soaking or washing to rid the dye. Otherwise, the indigo rub is just part of the game. Embrace it.

dunelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naf Nasitra
Maybe we should petition the mods for a new smiley that would indicate non-specific math, something like a little yellow guy writing out "2+2 = 5" on a piece of paper.
everyone knew what I meant when I said I added my student discount with the 20% it's a general statement that is rhetorically easier to understand than saying, OMG I GET 32% OFF if I COMBINE 15% AND 20%! there was no pt in your thread except to troll, gj you did it! we're all mathematically marsupialed! remedial math yay!

Sylvr

Reaction score
please, let all the stupid posts over the discount end. we all get it; discount codes do not stack independently. at least pretend to stay on topic for those of us trying to follow this thread in peace without all the idiocy. with that said... http://www.target.com/Mens-Timex-Eas...vailability=-2 http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...trap/13837.jsp that simple target timex paired with the burgundy stripe or dark blue/bisque straps looks pretty good for what it is. ive been receiving compliments and im considering picking up more straps, but nothing else is really catching my eye. ive picked up the two most versatile straps imo, but they are cheap enough to grab a couple more if only for specific outfits. also got in my shawl cardigans and the nailhead oxford and they really are as awesome as everyone says. heres to hoping the cardi doesnt pill up. as are, they are definitely worth the price with student discount and i highly recommend. any experience with jcrew's cotton sweaters and pilling? if it works out, i just might pick up the surplus pieces as well.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the profit margin is on a $20 poly watchband.
The thing probably costs a dime to make.

Creasybear

Reaction score
All the collaborative garments, the design gallery, is missing from the website today. anybody know what's up?

I hope this initiative isn't in any kind of legal limbo over one of the disgruntled partners.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I wonder what the profit margin is on a $20 poly watchband.
The thing probably costs a dime to make.

Design. It's all design cost. Think about how much time was spent on the design man!!!!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Would you wear chinos in grey or stone?
IMO grey pants look terrible in anything besides wool.

Edit- Grey jeans are also okay, but not nearly as good as indigo or black.

Grey jeans rock. I'm getting a pair in raw soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads