J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

can't decide what to think about the madras shirts, but at least that's preventing a splurge before the red chambray drops.

2. Guus

Guus Senior member

Quick heads up, they have a few Peacoats in the sale section of their website. I remember last week there was a poster that thought he missed out. Well, you didn't and you could get 20% off that coat.

Incredible how much stuff you think they won't have in stock anymore, only to find it in the sale section.

3. Guus

Guus Senior member

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

Quick heads up, they have a few Peacoats in the sale section of their website. I remember last week there was a poster that thought he missed out. Well, you didn't and you could get 20% off that coat.

Incredible how much stuff you think they won't have in stock anymore, only to find it in the sale section.

Oh yeah i remember that grumpy gus. He was bummed b/d he thought he'd never see another J. Crew peacoat on sale.

EDIT: Well, it is still $200. Only $50 off. That's still a bit hefty for this garment. It's a nice coat but in the store it seemed a bit thin for a peacoat.

5. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

you guys see these shirts? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. seany

seany Senior member

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

Saw em in the store and was not all that impressed.

8. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

i was impressed by their prices. 10 bucks more than secret washed shirt, why?

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

Yah, I find that odd, too. Because they can?

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    you guys see these shirts?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a fan of those two.

11. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...2832/22832.jsp Why is one 72 bucks and one is 69 !?
    Flap pocket? Still reason is silly. The green madras everyone gaga-ed over fit worse than the secret wash shirts. Not worth additional $30 in tailoring on top of inflated price.

12. kaizoku

kaizoku Well-Known Member

I like the top one...but $72 is crazy talk.

13. Jimbo26

Jimbo26 Member

Yeah I'm done with trying to figure out J. Crew shirts. I like their fabrics, patterns and prices but the cuts ruin it all. The worst part is they'll pin the shirts on the models in their shoots because they know a slimmer shirt looks better on any guy who's in shape. But they can't afford to actually go ahead ahead and make a slimmer shirt because something like 70% of American men are overweight.

14. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

this.

I was waiting for a coupon to KOP the 67' 505's... I checked the sale (not every page) but saw none of the collab items at all. I wonder if they're sending those items to the flagships and liquor store locations, and pulling them from O/L to keep from having to discount them as deeply.

robbie

I emailed customer service the other day asking about one of the collab items and they said that they are not for sale yet and that if I called I could preorder it (I then checked the site and realised they took them down because of the sale). You might be able to get free shipping if you called and bought a collab if they treat it as a preorder.

15. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Yeah I'm done with trying to figure out J. Crew shirts. I like their fabrics, patterns and prices but the cuts ruin it all. The worst part is they'll pin the shirts on the models in their shoots because they know a slimmer shirt looks better on any guy who's in shape. But they can't afford to actually go ahead ahead and make a slimmer shirt because something like 70% of American men are overweight.
    I think the J.Crew shirts are just about figured out at this point aren't they? Overpriced at retail for what they are, and the fits are more of a conservative fit and not slim in the way most SW&D SFers would prefer.