• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
I overheard someone on the NYC subway last weekend say to his friend something along the lines of "Why would you buy those when you can buy Converse for much less? They're the same thing", in reference to the Common Projects Achilles low's I was wearing. I didn't say anything, because I don't associate with poor people. And before anyone mentions the irony of me taking the subway, I put $5000 down on my metrocard.

Just curious: How would you have replied if the guy were not a poor people?

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Just curious: How would you have replied if the guy were not a poor people?
"Dear good sir, please shut your mouth at once." Then I take the leather glove off my left hand and slap him across the face with it for such heresy. Finally, I dial Jet and hand the heretic my phone for a verbal reaming.

splattered

Reaction score
I overheard someone on the NYC subway last weekend say to his friend something along the lines of "Why would you buy those when you can buy Converse for much less? They're the same thing", in reference to the Common Projects Achilles low's I was wearing. I didn't say anything, because I don't associate with poor people. And before anyone mentions the irony of me taking the subway, I put $5000 down on my metrocard.

I hope i am missing the sarcasm in your post...???

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm certainly missing the irony he's talking about.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh
I think most people are fully aware that Converse is a subsidiary of Nike. That is not the point of the thread. However I want these NOW. Japan proxy?

CONVERSE%20(2)-thumb-680x452-5477-thumb-680x452-5478.jpg

Converse Japan Jack Purcells
Source: http://www.warpweb.jp/pc/warpcrew/ne...12/post_9.html

Would hit.

CorporateFresh

Reaction score

^^^Snob! I love it!

gastarbeider

Reaction score

Smahatma

teacha.gif

laphroaig

Reaction score
Thank you, that made me laugh out loud. You should give some respect though. After all, they recognised your CPs.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know a good technique on painting the metal eyelet-lace things on chucks to make em all black ive never done something like that and i want mine all black like these lace holes
168iyo8.jpg
paint suggestions and techniques?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads