• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At Capsule, courtesy whodini. This was, I think, Monday.

img2501w.jpg

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
At Capsule, courtesy whodini. This was, I think, Monday.

img2501w.jpg

What a FANTASTIC overcoat!!! Details?

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
& TC... YOU ARE ONE HAIRY ASHIN!

I let my coat grow out in the winter. I'm at the beach next week so a trim is imminent. Looking good and welcome back. This thread needs your example and inspiration.

Originally Posted by dv3
Wow, TC, it's been great all week!

Deets on shoes?

Thanks. These are Martegani Lucca2 in Bordo. Just arrived a couple of days ago via Franco's.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PhatG, I like the new batch of suits. A little more roomy and longer. Rooks good!

IST, I think the snowy weather is getting to you again. Too many patterns. Hurts my eyeballs. Back to your usual subdued, elegant outfits, please.

Originally Posted by Kaplan
I guess the lightweight flannel is a worsted flannel? C&J Westfield?

It's a woolen. 9oz Carlo Barbera. Nice and soft, but way too light. The pants get caught up on my socks and drape horribly. Oh well. Shoes are Westfields, yeah.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
Hanger dimples?

LOL, looks like it. As has been discussed at length, those bumps you see are actually my clavicle. These new suits have no padding in the shoulders and as a result the natural physical ridges on my shoulders are very apparent. My tailor received these photos this morning and we are probably going to go the route of adding some padding to smooth out the shoulder lines. I shoulda just stuck with Zegna.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
So guys, any comments about the pants in particular? I post bad pants and get 20 replies about how bad they are. I post what I consider to be my best fitting pants and get one comment, and not directly about the pants. I know the fit isn't 100% perfect, but it really looks great in person as opposed a stiff photo. They hang/drape rather stiffly in the photos, perhaps due to the heavy cotton construction. Thoughts?
2zf8xt5.jpg

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
So guys, any comments about the pants in particular? I post bad pants and get 20 replies about how bad they are. I post what I consider to be my best fitting pants and get one comment, and not directly about the pants. I know the fit isn't 100% perfect, but it really looks great in person as opposed a stiff photo. They hang/drape rather stiffly in the photos, perhaps due to the heavy cotton construction. Thoughts?

I think you need to avoid pants like that with such a closely tailored jacket on top. The pants are probably fine with a sweater or a jacket that is cut fuller. With this jacket the pants make you look very bottom heavy. I'm not picking on you, if you notice from my photos I very rarely wear cotton pants with a tailored jacket as I suffer from a bit of the same affliction. I can only pull it off with lighter weight cotton that drapes more like slacks.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
2zf8xt5.jpg

do you have a high instep? this shoes cannot be comfortable for you. imo, due to this, they don't look good either.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I think you need to avoid pants like that with such a closely tailored jacket on top. The pants are probably fine with a sweater or a jacket that is cut fuller. With this jacket the pants make you look very bottom heavy. I'm not picking on you, if you notice from my photos I very rarely wear cotton pants with a tailored jacket as I suffer from a bit of the same affliction. I can only pull it off with lighter weight cotton that drapes more like slacks.

I think you may be right. I am wearing another pair of Incos today with just a shirt and a Polo sweater on top and I think it looks much better (everything - the pants, the top, etc.) My thighs haven't really shrunk much from powerlifting, so I can't go any slimmer in the thigh area (it becomes uncomfortable when sitting/moving). Thanks.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
S7303347.jpg

S7303350.jpg

S7303364.jpg

I hope you heard me whistle when I saw that snazzy DB coat! The PS is outstanding.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
do you have a high instep? this shoes cannot be comfortable for you. imo, due to this, they don't look good either.

I don't get this comment. The boots are my most comfortable footwear by a considerable margin. Different strokes for different folks on the appearance of the boots, but I don't see how you can tell comfort/instep from the photo and assume that because of either of those factors the boots don't look good. Care to share your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads