• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official MMA thread

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Ehhhh.....? What else did I miss?

Have you seen any of his post fight speeches? He is a HUGE Jesus freak. I try to not belittle peoples beliefs, but I think it is silly that he thanks Jesus for helping him beat the crap out of another man. He is really into that, I have seen him quote scriptures after his fights and what not. Not a big deal but I understand why people would be annoyed by it (as I am).

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
Have you seen any of his post fight speeches? He is a HUGE Jesus freak. I try to not belittle peoples beliefs, but I think it is silly that he thanks Jesus for helping him beat the crap out of another man. He is really into that, I have seen him quote scriptures after his fights and what not. Not a big deal but I understand why people would be annoyed by it (as I am).

No, I hadn't seen that. To be honest, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to pre- or post-fight stuff, which is why I probably only heard/read parts of Varner's statements. And I agree with you, I think it's silly to ask God to help you beat the **** out of someone for money.

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
And I agree with you, I think it's silly to ask God to help you beat the **** out of someone for money.

Why? Its obvious g-d plays favorites.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hear God also helps NFL players excel, so that they can then use their fame and money to purchase things like a customized Kenworth big rig, giant platinum chains, a "Cribs" worthy house, and a bunch of guns. Not to mention gaining access to the VIP area at the hottest clubs, getting lapdances and **'s from women who aren't their wives, and snorting lines of coke like it's their own personal remake of Scarface.
smile.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Could it be any worse than Kimo Leopoldo's cruxifiction entrance?:

1zfsho9.jpg

How anyone thought this was a good idea.
facepalm.gif

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The funny thing is jeebus usally gets in the way of fighters who "find God" in the middle of their career. You have to be a holy roller before stepping into the ring.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was looking at an upcoming Strikeforce card airing on CBS in April and it looks like Fedor & Mousassi will be fighting on the same card again and this will be on free TV again. Is it a wise move for Strikeforce to do this?

r...

Reaction score
^ Absolutely. They need their fighters to gain a reputation in the states before they can charge the layman to see them.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankie Edgar is the next LW fighter to get whooped . . . um, I mean, to get a shot at ** Penn's LW title. Edgar's got good striking and good wrestling. Unfortunately, his striking is not nearly as good as Penn's, and he is a small LW, certainly not big enough to take Penn to the ground and hold him there. I see the fight going a similar way as Penn's last two fights -- Penn puts three rounds in the bank with his superior striking, before taking Edgar down in the fourth and submitting him.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, Frankie Edgar? They are really running out of guys to put up against **, aren't they. I don't see this being a good night for Edgar.

I'm looking forward to UFC 110.

Hopefully, Big Nog will put on a clinic against Cain Velasquez. Nog has better hands, and his groundwork is phenomencal. He dominated Randy in his last outing, rocking him on his feet, and then having his way with him on the ground. Cain doesn't have a great chin the way Randy does, and I don't think that he has the advantage on the ground either.

Wanderlei vs. Bisping. Could be over quick. I give the advantage to Wanderlei. The guy who needs to stick and out is usually at a disadvantage against the guy who can just charge forward and smash.

Stevenson vs. Sotiropolous. This should be interesting. Both guys can stand, and both have legit BJJ skills. It's a close call, but I give it to Sotiropolous based on a more well rounded standup game. Stevenson has fought a higher caliber of opponent, but he success is against physically weaker fighters like Nate Diaz. Against guys who he can't grind out or overwhelm, he hasn't been great. On the ground, they probably cancel each other out. Joe Stevenson is a BJJ black belt, but he is not a ** Penn, and George Sotiropolous is a legit 10th planet practitioner.

Jardine vs. Bader. I've given up trying to call Jardine ever again. Bader has heavy hands, and his wrestling is better, but Jardine is such a bizarre fighter. He can win wars, or get knocked out in a minute.

I hope that Crocop has enough left in him to kick out the lights on Rothwell. He'll have to train to kick extra high this time. Hopefully, he is training properly too.

We'll see if Elvis Sinosic has finally learned how to move his head.

I don't think that Bonnar has it in him to beat Soszynski, who is physically stronger and has much more power, as well as better BJJ skills. Bonnar is really journeyman fighter with a lot of heart, but his lack of power and general lack of real physicality really work against him.

Chris Lytle will swing for the fences as usual. Brian Foster did well against Brock Larson, but Chris Lytle is one of those rare unorthodox strikers who actually choose to be that way, rather than being that way because they have poor boxing. Hard to call, but I'd give Chris Lytle the advantage.

I really dislike CB Dalloway, so I hope that Reljic has decided to get better at groundfighting by training in it with someone other than Mirko Crocop, keeps it standing, and takes off CB's head with a his left leg.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out this submission, awarded Submission of the Year by Sherdog, if you don't like BJJ. The guy getting choked is two minutes away from a unanimous decision victory when the submission occurs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Check out this submission, awarded Submission of the Year by Sherdog, if you don't like BJJ. The guy getting choked is two minutes away from a unanimous decision victory when the submission occurs.

That is one tight triangle. Er... I tried something like that once. Didn't go the same way. I got suplexed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads