The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Why don't they put Nate Diaz against Penn? I hate Nate (although I recognize he is a good fighter), and while I am not conceding he is a real contender, I really want to see someone destroy Diaz, which no one has really done.

I like the way you think. I can't stand him either. What doesn't help is the fact that he sounds like a teenage Cartman.

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I wouldn't pass up SF or Dream. I believe Dream pays the best and the Japanese appreciate MMA fighters on a whole other level.
    It could be good for him.
    I think trainging with a camp like that and warming up with some fights on a smaller card could only be good for him.

Yeah, well... that's what his management told him too. (He signed with Rashad's management team) He's got his eye on UFC at the moment though, and who knows - maybe it will work out. Either way, he's committed to fighting so he's going to be doing it somewhere. [​IMG]

3. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

I like the way you think. I can't stand him either. What doesn't help is the fact that he sounds like a teenage Cartman.
    I would love to see Diaz get demolished, especially after that god awful recent main event of Diaz vs. Maynard. In general, I amazed at how many main events Diaz has gotten on Fight Night cards. Teacher, you will get your wish soon, as Diaz is planning on moving up to Welterweight, where I am confident he will get destroyed by any of a number of confident welterweights (lets say Koscheck, or Swick, Fitch, Alves, Daley, and many others). I am surprised at how many people (not on this board) are complaining about UFC 109, it looks like an entertaining card. At the least UFC 110, 111, 112, and 113 are all going to be really awesome cards, the next few months are going to see some great fights.

4. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Just a reminder, Strikeforce tonight on Showtime!! [​IMG]

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Robbie Lawler is walking around like he just got out of prison. Huge knock out for him though.

Wow, Rex Ryan is really getting booed.

6. milosz

milosz Senior member

Herschel is jacked.

7. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Herschel is jacked.

[​IMG] Ugh, this fight is horrible.

8. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Very, but props to Walker to getting into the cage at his age.

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

This card is garbage.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Bummer to see two of my favorite strikers in MMA (Zwaromskis and Manhoef) both lose in unspectacular fashion. Manhoef should have played it more patiently. After he landed that monster leg kick should have given it a moment to set in.

I thought Marius had it, was really bummed to see Diaz make a come back there in the end.

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Anyone excited about UFC 109? [​IMG]

The main event is pretty lame, but the rest of the card doesn't look that bad. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be snowed in on Saturday night. [​IMG]

12. onion

onion Senior member

Found these on youtube, not sure if they have been posted or not, but they are both hilarious.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

The main event is pretty lame, but the rest of the card doesn't look that bad. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be snowed in on Saturday night. [​IMG]

The Cotoure-Coleman fight looks cool.

14. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

A lot of people on mma forums are bitching but I think its going to be a sweet card! All of the main card fights should be good. Cannot wait to see Marquardt vs Sonnen, Chael has been talking mad trash lately trying to hype up the fight. Also hope that Matt Serra beats the crap out of Frank "Tramp Stamp" Trigg. I still think Serra got robbed in his fight against Hughes so its redemption time for him.

15. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I don't even know what to think about some of these fights.
    These yesterday fighters need to find something else to do and give the new blood a chance to be in the lime light and help the sport grow.