The Official MMA thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, May 30, 2008.

1. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

That's a great submission. I've managed to pull that off once on a guy during an open mat. He was turtled and shot for my legs when i went to take his back. Definitely not high percentage, but pretty awesome!

2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^ of course that what happens when you train with the ryangle.

3. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

This thread hasn't been very active lately so I thought I would throw in some big news! Brock Lesnar (with Dana White at this side) was just interviewed by ESPN, where he gave them the scoop on his medical problems from the last few months, as well as the news of his return --- which could see him back in the octagon as early as this summer. Dana White also officiated the rumors that Frank Mir will be fighting Shane Carwin (on march 27th) for the UFC Heavyweight Interim championship. The winner of the Mir-Carwin interim match will face Brock Lesnar a few months later for the undisputed UFC heavyweight championship. Dana also notes that if the Mir-Carwin fight falls apart, then it is possible that the winner of the Nog-Velasquez fight may be pushed up into a title contention fight. Obviously this all carries major implications for the future of the UFC's heavyweight division. Honestly I hope Shane Carwin wins, Brock just beat Frank Mir like 6 months ago and technically Frank Mir was Brock Lesnar's last opponent! Don't get me wrong Mir-Lesnar 3 will be an awesome fight, but I am more excited about the prospect of him fighting Carwin or (even better) Nog. Interview embedded below from YouTube.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

We were trying to not go the same night as boxing but these [expletive] guys can't get out of their own way, I have never seen anything so unorganized, selfish and disfunctional as boxing. It's a joke!
    [​IMG]

5. Mauro

Dana white kills me.

6. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

[​IMG]

Dana white kills me.

[​IMG]

7. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

It's a case of one sport dying and another rising.

8. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Why don't they put Nate Diaz against Penn? I hate Nate (although I recognize he is a good fighter), and while I am not conceding he is a real contender, I really want to see someone destroy Diaz, which no one has really done.

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Demico is training at Grudge in Denver nearly exclusively now. Just thought I'd update anyone who cared. He's in CO for a month training w/ Rashad, Wren, Schaub, and Marquardt before he fights locally on Feb 13th.

10. Mauro

^^ he has a great camp. I am sure he will kick ass on the 13th who is he fighting??

Diaz isn't worth BJ's time.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

^^ he has a great camp. I am sure he will kick ass on the 13th who is he fighting?? Diaz isn't worth BJ's time.
    Hasn't been announced yet. Probably coming out in the next couple of days. D said that his management wanted him to jump right into Strikeforce or Dream, but I don't think he wants to spend time overseas, and I think he's aiming bigger than Strikeforce. He's going to fight 3-4 fights between Seattle and Denver to try and tune up for a call from UFC. If Dana doesn't bite, I believe he has insinuated that he has a tabled offer from SF he can take..

12. West24

West24 Senior member

It's a case of one sport dying and another rising.

which sport? last time i checked boxing shows still sell out thousands of seats in mexico, europe and all over the world weekly. ufc doesnt even sell out all their shows with shows around once a month.

13. Mauro

I wouldn't pass up SF or Dream. I believe Dream pays the best and the Japanese appreciate MMA fighters on a whole other level.
    It could be good for him.
    I think trainging with a camp like that and warming up with some fights on a smaller card could only be good for him.

14. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

I wouldn't pass up SF or Dream. I believe Dream pays the best and the Japanese appreciate MMA fighters on a whole other level.
    It could be good for him.
    I think trainging with a camp like that and warming up with some fights on a smaller card could only be good for him.

It's amazing how quiet the crowd is during a fight at a Dream or Sengoku event. I agree they do seem to appreciate the fighters, regardless if they are even good or not.