• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official MMA thread

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I spent an impressive amount of time last night watching and rewatching old UFC fights - particularly Anderson Silva's dismantling of Rich Franklin (marking the decline of my interest in UFC) and the famed Steffan Bonnar - Forrest Griffin duel that put UFC on the mainstream map.

Matt

[email protected]
Reaction score
I spent an impressive amount of time last night watching and rewatching old UFC fights - particularly Anderson Silva's dismantling of Rich Franklin (marking the decline of my interest in UFC) and the famed Steffan Bonnar - Forrest Griffin duel that put UFC on the mainstream map.
I find myself with this weird and uncomfortable feeling that he's going to be one of those guys who doesn't realize it's over, and winds up doing freakshow missed-weight-has-been fights against like Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson...or (god forbid) Chuck Liddell. Or "The Trilogy is ON!!!!!!" where they wheel out Chael Sonnen for a Bellator comeback. I really, really hope not.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fight Silva really wants is a boxing match with his idol, Roy Jones, Jr. Now that would be a freakshow.

Big Bird

Reaction score
Although Silva have had some good fights, he has only recorded one win in eight years.

I would rather see him do these freakshow matches than try to compete with the top talent in the division. Father Time catches up with us all.

Matt

[email protected]
Reaction score
I'd rather him retire gracefully to a life on a beach outside Curatiba somewhere

KotaB

Reaction score
I used to consider Spider a arrogant jerk the way he danced around and stunted on his opponents. Then I realized just how cool he is through interviews. Then Jon Jones came along and I realized just how a real jerk does it. Cant stand that dude.

Matt

[email protected]
Reaction score
This is getting a little embarrassing for Anderson now.

Bellator, PFL and One all passing on him in a matter of days, despite signing others of similar vintage.

It's kinda sad. He's gonna be fighting Don Frye bareknuckle in Japan at this rate.

Matt

[email protected]
Reaction score
Meanwhile, I have a raging boner for the post Khabib LW division at the moment. I get that it's a logjam for a silver medal, but Ferguson v Oliviera, Conor v Poirier, plus a wound licking Gaetje and an unproven Chandler both waiting in the wings mean that there are a lot of great fights right there.

Last edited:

Matt

[email protected]
Reaction score
This is getting a little embarrassing for Anderson now.

Bellator, PFL and One all passing on him in a matter of days, despite signing others of similar vintage.

It's kinda sad. He's gonna be fighting Don Frye bareknuckle in Japan at this rate.
And the bare knuckle boys just turned him down too. This is sad.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.