• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

sixfeetshort

Reaction score
BurberryNYCDanny_181Web.jpg
Would this inseam length be appropriate for work? I'm usually a 30x30 but I bought pants that were 30x32 and I was thinking maybe shortening it to a 30x30 would be a better idea. The suit itself that I bought is very well fitted but the the pants might be a little too long for my taste.

MillionaireTeacher

Reaction score
A white undershirt should never peeks through the unbuttoned collar of a dress shirt, right?
Is this why you should wear a V-neck undershirt if not buttoning the top button?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MillionaireTeacher
A white undershirt should never peeks through the unbuttoned collar of a dress shirt, right?
Is this why you should wear a V-neck undershirt if not buttoning the top button?

Yes and yes.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sixfeetshort
BurberryNYCDanny_181Web.jpg

Would this inseam length be appropriate for work? I'm usually a 30x30 but I bought pants that were 30x32 and I was thinking maybe shortening it to a 30x30 would be a better idea. The suit itself that I bought is very well fitted but the the pants might be a little too long for my taste.

Those pants look a hair short to me, but 2 inches is a huge difference in length and suit pants need to be tailored. The pants should just touch the top of your shoe (or a little longer than that if you like some "break").

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MKB
Can someone actually recommend a shoe stretcher, and not just suggest one? I do a fair amount of thrifting and come across a decent number of shoes that are close, but not a perfect fit. I've searched StyleForum, but everything seems to either be a link to an old ebay auction that's no longer available, or a "suggestion" from someone who's never used one. Are there even any big differences among the various types? Thank you.

Shoe stretcher?
I wouldn't suggest using one, but I am no expert.

Pinstripes

Reaction score
Hi, I am shopping for a stainless steel sports watch that will fit my narrow wrist (perfect fit would be 38-40mm). I particularly like IWC and Omega brands. Unfortunately they tend to be bigger, like Portuguese and Seamaster. There is an Omega Speedmaster Day and Day&Time, but it is not co-axial. Would it be possible for someone to direct me to either a good site where I can buy a pre-owned watch (from what I gathered large dials are a recent trend) or suggest another brand in the same price range? Thank you!

here are some of the looks I am going for:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MillionaireTeacher
What do you think of these?

205703982.jpg

205068822.jpg

They look okay. Do you have bigger pics?

Pinstripes

Reaction score
I was looking to buy into a better brand. I guess if people were buying by looks alone, all those higher-end watch makers would be out of business.

doug funnie

Reaction score
I'm looking for some dressier slip ons to leave at my office for the winter months. I like the look of the AE Georgetowns:

1. Is there a cheaper brand that I should be looking at? These shoes will probably never set foot outdoors, so durability can take a back seat for style and price.

2. If I put shoe trees in them every night before going home, can I get away with only having 1 pair at my office or should I still get a couple and rotate them?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads