• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Songs that blew you away the first time you heard them

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Kanye West's performance of "Jesus Walks" at the 2005? Grammy Awards.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I'd heard his name but not any of his music and this was a great performance.

"November Rain" by Guns and Roses

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere

I much prefer Collins' version on Seconds Out, which is ironic considering it was PG's song.

You just broke my heart.

Seeing Gabriel with Genesis was one of my concert highs.

lefty

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
front 242-headhunter

AThingForCashmere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You just broke my heart.

Seeing Gabriel with Genesis was one of my concert highs.

lefty

Same here. I saw them in 1974 at the Starlight in Burbank.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Gabriel is just so much better than Collins.

Wow, suddenly I'm 14 again.

I'm not making any value judgments about either of them, I'm just saying IMO the Seconds Out version of Supper's Ready blows the original version out of the water.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
front 242-headhunter

You may be a bit of a bastard but I love this song.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
circling overland is even better

Originally Posted by ZackyBoy
You may be a bit of a bastard but I love this song.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stand Inside Your Love- Smashing Pumpkins

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist- Muse

Acarsenal- ATDI

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Air Between Us- Hammock

Birth & Death of the Day- Explosions In The Sky

Suicide by Star- God is an Astronaut

Malabar Front- If These Trees Could Talk

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pulling **** out of ******, I mean playlists, here. Note the BeeGees crammed in between Zeppelin and Sabbath
eh.gif

My ***** Fucked Up by Warren Zevon

Mercy by Duffy

Yellowcake by Kaki King

Hurt covered by Johnny Cash

Can't Find My Way Home by Blind Faith

Peace Frog by The Doors

Aint No Rest For The Wicked by Cage The Elephant

Fortune Teller by Robert Plant w/ Alison Krauss

Yellow Ledbetter (Acoustic) by Pearl Jam

Show Me How To Live by Audioslave

March Of The Pigs by Nine Inch Nails

The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson

Take A Picture by Filter

I Walk Alone by Oleander

Little Things by Bush

Welcome To Planet Motherfucker by White Zombie

Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground

No Rain by Blind Melon

Otherside by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Girl Named Sandoz by The Smashing Pumpkins

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground by The White Stripes

In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins

Old Man by Neil Young

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2

Take Me Home by John Denver

Man Of Constant Sorrow

Hey You
by The Scorpions

VooDoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix

Black Dog by Led Zeppelin

Stayin Alive by The Bee Gees

NIB by Black Sabbath

Do You Feel Like We Do
by Peter Frampton

Walk On Down by Aerosmith

Little T&A by Keith Richards and The Rolling Stones

mickey711

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads