Songs that blew you away the first time you heard them

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Kanye West's performance of "Jesus Walks" at the 2005? Grammy Awards.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I'd heard his name but not any of his music and this was a great performance.

"November Rain" by Guns and Roses

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

I much prefer Collins' version on Seconds Out, which is ironic considering it was PG's song.

You just broke my heart.

Seeing Gabriel with Genesis was one of my concert highs.

lefty

3. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Gabriel is just so much better than Collins.

4. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Neither are Rod Stewart.

5. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

front 242-headhunter

6. AThingForCashmere

AThingForCashmere Senior member

You just broke my heart.

Seeing Gabriel with Genesis was one of my concert highs.

lefty

Same here. I saw them in 1974 at the Starlight in Burbank.

Gabriel is just so much better than Collins.

Wow, suddenly I'm 14 again.

I'm not making any value judgments about either of them, I'm just saying IMO the Seconds Out version of Supper's Ready blows the original version out of the water.

7. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

front 242-headhunter

You may be a bit of a bastard but I love this song. [​IMG]

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

I'd have my blood sugar level checked if I were you.

[​IMG]

you are my favorite internet personality

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

circling overland is even better

You may be a bit of a bastard but I love this song. [​IMG]

10. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Stand Inside Your Love- Smashing Pumpkins

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist- Muse

Acarsenal- ATDI

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

The Air Between Us- Hammock

Birth & Death of the Day- Explosions In The Sky

Suicide by Star- God is an Astronaut

Malabar Front- If These Trees Could Talk

12. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

13. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Teenage Kicks

14. Faded501s

Faded501s Senior member

Just pulling shit out of my ass, I mean playlists, here. Note the BeeGees crammed in between Zeppelin and Sabbath [​IMG]

My Shits Fucked Up by Warren Zevon

Mercy by Duffy

Yellowcake by Kaki King

Hurt covered by Johnny Cash

Can't Find My Way Home by Blind Faith

Peace Frog by The Doors

Aint No Rest For The Wicked by Cage The Elephant

Fortune Teller by Robert Plant w/ Alison Krauss

Yellow Ledbetter (Acoustic) by Pearl Jam

Show Me How To Live by Audioslave

March Of The Pigs by Nine Inch Nails

The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson

Take A Picture by Filter

I Walk Alone by Oleander

Little Things by Bush

Welcome To Planet Motherfucker by White Zombie

Sex And Candy by Marcy Playground

No Rain by Blind Melon

Otherside by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Girl Named Sandoz by The Smashing Pumpkins

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground by The White Stripes

In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins

Old Man by Neil Young

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2

Take Me Home by John Denver

Man Of Constant Sorrow

Hey You
    by The Scorpions

VooDoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix

Black Dog by Led Zeppelin

Stayin Alive by The Bee Gees

NIB by Black Sabbath

Do You Feel Like We Do
    by Peter Frampton

Walk On Down by Aerosmith

Little T&A by Keith Richards and The Rolling Stones

15. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member