• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody identify for me the Persol glasses in this photo?

persol_pink.jpg

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bad_Company
Something that has been bothering me for a very long time is what kind of sunglasses Kenny Hotz wears on Kenny Vs Spenny. Any help would be most appreciated.
I'll post some pictures, don't know if thats okay, but it'll help some people possibly identify them. I can get more photos if needed.

k1.jpg

K2-1.jpg

I dunno, I've seen them at various franchise eye frames places. Lots of manufactures make that style, the thick black frames with round or square edges. Just get the lens that change color in the sun. Don't cut your hair or bush your teeth and find a spaz to harass and you'll be just like Kenny.

nanny

Reaction score
I love that movie "Loser" with Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari; you know the one where your thumb and index finger are used to make an "L" on your forehead to signify that you're a loser. I really love the music video by Wheatus called "Teenage Dirtbag" by Brendan B. Brown. What are those glasses he is wearing during the video? Anybody?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.urbanspectacles.com/indeximages.htm The site was posted earlier but this page wasn't. Shows some really cool designs in addition to their wood pieces. The Styx "Paradise Theater" vinyl one is so badass, not a huge fan of the shape but the holographic vinyl is so cool
bounce2.gif

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something that has been bothering me for a very long time is what kind of sunglasses Kenny Hotz wears on Kenny Vs Spenny. Any help would be most appreciated.
I'll post some pictures, don't know if thats okay, but it'll help some people possibly identify them. I can get more photos if needed.

k1.jpg

K2-1.jpg

Those might be a bit harder to find because they are slightly dated. You would have found tons of those around the mid to late 90s. If you are looking for something like that, try looking in stores that carry older stock. You will get them at a huge discount.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
http://www.urbanspectacles.com/indeximages.htm

The site was posted earlier but this page wasn't. Shows some really cool designs in addition to their wood pieces. The Styx "Paradise Theater" vinyl one is so badass, not a huge fan of the shape but the holographic vinyl is so cool
bounce2.gif

I occasionally go back to that site because I really like what they do. The pieces look amazing. Personally, I dont think I would wear them everyday BUT I would wear them once in a while and most likely put them on display in my house or something. I think that the frames have a "back to basics" vibe to them. But they will have their pros and cons if you are wearing them everyday... But all in all, I really like them.

Bad_Company

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Those might be a bit harder to find because they are slightly dated. You would have found tons of those around the mid to late 90s. If you are looking for something like that, try looking in stores that carry older stock. You will get them at a huge discount.

Have you any idea where online I could find a pair like that? I like in North Dakota so we don't have too many stores that are 'sunglass specific'.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you any idea where online I could find a pair like that? I like in North Dakota so we don't have too many stores that are 'sunglass specific'.

To be honest, I have no idea who sells them online, but if you have a particular style in mind I could help you search the net for something...

Bad_Company

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
To be honest, I have no idea who sells them online, but if you have a particular style in mind I could help you search the net for something...

Yeah, well, could you help me search for a pair close to the ones Kenny Hotz wears? I have several pairs of Oakleys and I just kinda want something new. I was going to buy the Oakley Jupiters but I wanted something that wasn't Oakley.

cungfoo

Reaction score
Can you suggest some brands that carry similar styles as below in a wider size? I have a fathead 55mm width and looking for some plastic frames with thin temple with the rivets. TIA

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, could you help me search for a pair close to the ones Kenny Hotz wears? I have several pairs of Oakleys and I just kinda want something new. I was going to buy the Oakley Jupiters but I wanted something that wasn't Oakley.

Can you post up a pic? Let me see if I can help you out...

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cungfoo
Can you suggest some brands that carry similar styles as below in a wider size? I have a fathead 55mm width and looking for some plastic frames with thin temple with the rivets. TIA

Hugo Boss 0058. It comes in a 56mm (wow! that is big). Also it doesn't have rivets, it just has a small Hugo Boss name plate on the side. Simple but lacks the "vintage" feel to it. Great seller and the price is reasonable in the under $200 range.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudeey
Does anyone know of any retailers in St.Louis, even Chicago, that sell frames such as moscot, shuron, ray ban, and persol?

I dont know of any but Im sure someone else can help you out on the forum..... anyone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads