• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my pair of American Optics Original Aviators.. 55mm, chrome + TV, bayonets. Love them. The quality seems better than many designer pairs i've owned, and amazing for the price.

opplanet-ao-original-pilot-52mm-silver.jpg

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Just got my pair of American Optics Original Aviators.. 55mm, chrome + TV, bayonets. Love them. The quality seems better than many designer pairs i've owned, and amazing for the price.

opplanet-ao-original-pilot-52mm-silver.jpg

Ahh nice, i do like them.. what are the full dimensions?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bimmernate
I wear mostly these: RayBan RB3217 58s,
RayBan.SidestreetRB3217.9897.jpg

Woah these are exactly the kind I'm looking for. Thanks.

blam89

Reaction score
thinking about getting a pair of wayfarer's, but i dont have much of a bridge. usually glasses w/o a large bridge sit on my cheeks instead of my nose. anyone know a way to modify glasses to fit properly (besides buying a pair with adjustable support, the glasses i have my eyes on dont have adjustable bridge support)?

Rosecity

Reaction score
I own some Porsche (P1008) aviators which I love. Also a pair of Bottega Veneta BV 52 aviators. They are nice.

Vagran7

Reaction score
Question about AO aviators, and aviators in general. Is it easy to get the lense replaced with perscription lenses? They are quite a bit bigger than normal eye glass lenses and more bubble like, so I was wondering if that has a big impact on perscriptions lenses.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Can anyone ID these sunglasses? Looks like Wayfarers, but kinda different. The lenses seem mirrored, but a dull reflection rather than a shiny one. I don't really care about the frame color (black would be fine), but the lenses are whats important, as well as a similar frame shape.
idsunglasses.jpg

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l_f54321780cd542a9a026554f86fc86e6.jpg
Please ignore both rappers, but can anyone identify these sunglasses? Or if not, at least recommend a similar style (a more rectangular Wayfayer basically)?

Marton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bimmernate

My "favorite" pair (though I dont wear them since the 3217s came along) is a RayBan Aviator but they are more square than round or teardrop. I cannot find them anymore

This is the closest pic I can find, mine are silver frame with grey lenses though...
1239649395_ray-ban-sqaure-frame-aviator-sunglasses_1.jpg

yay sunglasses.

Sweet Caravans!
smile.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Anyone know the model number of these TFs?

Jon%20Kortajena%20for%20Tom%20Ford%27s%20Tom%20for%20Eyeweary%20Sunglasses%20Line%20Ad%20Campaign%20%283%29_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Those are the IMADB4E.

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did wayfarers or whatever become the standard default recommendation for sunglasses?

They look awful or contrived on most, please stop telling everyone to get a pair.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alan
How did wayfarers or whatever become the standard default recommendation for sunglasses?

They look awful or contrived on most, please stop telling everyone to get a pair.

I've seen some women lately rocking the **** out of wayfarers.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Ahh nice, i do like them.. what are the full dimensions?

what kind of dimensions?

The medium frame size that I have is definitely on the more substantial side, they seem a little larger than a comparable medium size rayban aviators frame. Also very straight, doesn't curve back like some frames do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads