• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
not really anything good around. my store (levi's) used to get clearanced out lvc's and levi's capital e line but since the citadel store opened up, we don't get those anymore. the polo factory store always has something there. last time i checked the clearance racks, i found some RRL chambrays, RRL oxfords, and purple label shirts. saks had fred perry a while ago, nothing else really. and nordstrom rack was just too unorganized for me to bother digging through.

at the j crew outlet, they carry nice basics, merino sweaters, chinos, ties, oxford button-ups in medium and larger, and clearanced out polos from the retail stores. i picked up a grey twill shirt and a plaid flannel there the other day. i'm hoping that a shawl collar cardigan will show up there but i doubt it.

I try to go to Ontario Mills every two or three weeks. Sometimes I buy 7 or 8 items, sometimes I buy nothing. The Polo outlet is good, but they don't seem to get many new shipments. Marshalls is pretty good if you don't mind digging around.
If you see anything good around, send me a pm.
smile.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like the broken-in chino utility shirts are marked down finally (at least online). I might have to see if they're marked down in the store. Usually the store will honor the online price.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
Does anyone have the University Coat? How'd you size it? Do you have fit pics?

Thanksss

It's pretty enormous. It's pretty good about keeping you warm, but fits like a mumu

pokey07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
It's pretty enormous. It's pretty good about keeping you warm, but fits like a mumu

haha, ok thank you. Will sizing down work, or am I better off looking for a slim alternative somewhere?

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pokey07
haha, ok thank you. Will sizing down work, or am I better off looking for a slim alternative somewhere?

IMO the University Coat is the worst one out of their wool jackets. You could probably get something basically like that at Target with a similar fit and material.

mr. burns

Reaction score
really liked the color they had for the flannel online but when i tried it on in the store it was too long for me. found a better fitting, more heavy duty one at the levi store for the same price.

pokey07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nohomo
IMO the University Coat is the worst one out of their wool jackets. You could probably get something basically like that at Target with a similar fit and material.

Crap! I really like the way it looks on the site, but if it's not worth the price, then I'll steer clear. Thanks.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it isn't really worth the price, just be prepared for a very strange fit. Try it on in person for sure.

Narwhale

Reaction score
New styles added to online sale- picked up that fleece shawl collar cardigan I missed out on a month or so ago.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
really liked the color they had for the flannel online but when i tried it on in the store it was too long for me. found a better fitting, more heavy duty one at the levi store for the same price.

Thought it was too long for me too, was going to alter it, but didn't feel it was worth the price after alteration. I do love the color and the material.

pokey07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
I wouldn't say it isn't really worth the price, just be prepared for a very strange fit. Try it on in person for sure.
If it's baggy or loose fitting, it's not really my style. Unless it's something a tailor will be able to take care of and slim down?

Guus

Reaction score
The Sutherland Trench Cost came in this afternoon and here are my thoughts on it:

I bought a small and it fits well around the shoulders and arms however it is a bit widder around the hips than I thought it would be. Doesn't make sense to me; wouldn't the hips be a bit slimmer or fitted to make up for not having a belt? Well I am satisfied with it, I'm not sure if I will keep it but I do have 60 days to decide.

Lendo

Reaction score
So i got the langham jacket in the mail today, size small. fits pretty big. i'm going to try and exchange it for the extra small and see how it works out. nice looking jacket overall.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
I just got the utility jacket in that faded black in size medium. I love it! I tried on the small before and I looked awsome init, but it is a little too short, but the shoulders fit nice. I could zip it up all the way but could look like a try-hard.. The medium is nice and slim especially in the arms. and not bagging whatsoever. and I'm super ocd about fit. Dont you think its a really cool jacket?
I bought the blue last December and, for whatever reason, came up for 75$ instead of 118! I have gotten so many compliments about it. It is a cool Jacket.
cool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads