1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

I tried on the desert boots tonight and looked horrible in them. I was wearing APC Petite Standards. They didnt look right with skinny jeans that are too long. Or I have a horrible sense of image?

2. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

^
    the latter. try cuffing the jeans maybe? desert boots are highly versatile footwear.

3. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

That firemans jacket looks great. Does it look like waxed cotton to you guys?
    And the red chambray, better not sleep on that one.

4. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

^
    the latter. try cuffing the jeans maybe? desert boots are highly versatile footwear.

I think it depends on the size of the foot. I have large feet, size 13 clarks, and found that the boots just looked huge on me. I think its the lack of detailing unlike a regular boot

5. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

^

I know they look so cool on all the pics I've seen. I think the "stacking" throws it off since I've had a problem with all my dress shoes now that I'm just wearing APC's. I used to have no break on my jeans and need to get the APC's hemmed omg!

I do think its the lack of detailing I tried on the 9's and the fit is great but my feet looked like clown feet . I have some Bruno Magli zip ups that look weird with them too but look great in other jeans.that have a shorter hem.

Also Im not that thrilled in the preview for next year. It looks like the same stuff every season, Dont you all think? Will they ever change the side seam on the secret wash shirts. I like the look that they put on the Tartan shirts and seem to fit nicer? Less blousy?

6. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I think it depends on the size of the foot. I have large feet, size 13 clarks, and found that the boots just looked huge on me. I think its the lack of detailing unlike a regular boot

I'm the same size (a true 13D in almost all shoes), have two clarks, and feel the same way.

I put some slight insoles and had a cobbler punch a third set of eye-holes - the fit (and look) went from night to day.

7. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I guess I'm the only one who looked at the JCrew flannels and found them lacking. They aren't soft enough for my liking. But I love secret wash shirts. Those are fantastic. Loving the new gingham one I bought last week. It almost irons itself.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

ha ha, you're really into j crew shirts, man.

you're gonna grab the new shirt in the pic?

Just saying almost anything will go with the jacket. A jacket is usually a pretty neutral thing.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

The firemen's jacket looks amazing, but there's something about the way the guy is wearing it that looks wrong to me. I think it's too slim. To me, a firemen's jacket should be looser and even a little blousy to look right. The arm length looks right, so it looks like it's designed to be slim.

10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Do you think J.Crew will have any new F/W items?

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

12. eusticity

eusticity Senior member

Do you think J.Crew will have any new F/W items?

There'll be a "holiday" rollout.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

They release more stuff the first week of November. That's when they said they'd be releasing a wool/flannel chino I asked about.

14. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Check the tags of your clothes, if any of them say WINTER09 or something like that then you know you are in the 'winter' season...
    Soon it will be 'HOL09' I think, that is when you get more items

15. Guus

Guus Senior member

I was shopping for a coat for my mom for Christmas on the website and never had any idea how many women's clothing they have. There are over 40 outwear coats alone. When are the men going to get a wider selection?
    LLBean has a nice selection of mens coat. I ordered a goosedown jacket last year; quality stuff. I am going to check out their peacoat. I bought the JCrew university coat last year and although I like it a lot, there is something "cheap" about the way it feels. LLBean claims their Peacoat is made from Italian wool.

16. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

anyone want a free shipping code? they say it's free shipping for any order any amount till nov 1.

i'm strapped for cash and won't be buying anything in the next few weeks so thought maybe one of you guys would be interested.

NFSVYBBK8

17. ivan k

ivan k Senior member

I guess I'm the only one who looked at the JCrew flannels and found them lacking. They aren't soft enough for my liking. But I love secret wash shirts. Those are fantastic. Loving the new gingham one I bought last week. It almost irons itself.

That's what I though as well when I bought mine, but I thought what the hell and decided to wash it. They really soften up after a wash or two. They're still not like brushed flannel, but they do lose the stiffness and really soften up.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

shiiiiiiiiiiit! That red chambray shirt is, I'm almost 100% certain, a collab with Hill-Side. Ever since I got my red (plum) Hill-Side bandana, I've been saying they should make shirts out of it. This just may be the ultimate red chambray shirt for me. As long as it's not $200, that is.

19. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

20. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Just bought the vintage straight fit cords today, great fit...its too bad they dont offer a slim version though but its pretty slim in itself...

Why dont they offer it in stores though...says only catalouge or online order...