• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, will the cotton flannel ties you showed in the ExSF flannel collab thread be available for purchase? If so, do you know when?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Hey Mike, will the cotton flannel ties you showed in the ExSF flannel collab thread be available for purchase? If so, do you know when?

I'm trying for it - they were out of that fabric the last time I checked. I'll definitely order a bunch if they can do it. Cotton flannel ties are great.

Oh, and in case anyone missed it - here's the full Fall Delivery of new neckwear:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=142555

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Mike, can you tell me a bit about the pair of Nau coats you currently have in stock? How's the sizing? How comparable are they for winter use?

Will do - here are the coats that we have, and my blurbs from the latest newsletter. For sizing, I'm finding that you can size down one from our shirts (ex, if you take an Epaulet large, you can wear a Nau Medium). I'll be happy to take measurements upon request.

Also, I'll snap a few quick fit pics today so you can see these in real life.

Urbane%20Jacket%20Mens.jpg

Urbane Jacket: $265

The "Urbane" jacket is a completely waterproof and windproof shell - complete with waterproofed Riri zippers. It's a perfect Fall jacket on its own, and can be worn well into the Winter when paired with a solid sweater or fleece underneath.

Blazing%20Jacket%20Mens.jpg

Blazing Jacket: $350

The "Blazing" Jacket is simply one of the greatest winter coats that we've ever seen. Combining a water/windproof shell with a built-in 650g goosedown liner, it's built for the coldest of days but still lightweight and easy to wear. Tired of dragging huge coats into cars and subways? Sick of outdoor-brand jackets that keep you warm but have no style? You don't have to compromise - this jacket is the answer to all your needs.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
For sizing, I'm finding that you can size down one from our shirts (ex, if you take an Epaulet large, you can wear a Nau Medium). I'll be happy to take measurements upon request.

Alternate data point -- I take Epaulet small, but wear the Nau urbane in small.
smile.gif
Maybe that means I need to start moving up to Epaulet medium?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Alternate data point -- I take Epaulet small, but wear the Nau urbane in small.
smile.gif
Maybe that means I need to start moving up to Epaulet medium?

Ah good point, and some people intentionally size up on the Urbane so they can fit a thick sweater underneath. If anyone's interested, I can hit them off with measurements.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Measurements on the Blazing Jacket, if you don't mind.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Navy Blue tartan that is part of your next batch of shirts the one you described in the past as " dark navy brushed cotton with a really subtle black plaid over it. Buttondown collar, chest pocket, dark smoke buttons"? Just curious if that swatch is the one or if there will be another, don't want to buy 2 navy plaids..

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Ay Dios Mio - our Mark McNairy shoes just arrived! Holy god, I'm drowning in boxes over here.

How's the sizing on the McNairy shoes ? True to size ?

EDIT : nvm, answer found. True to size.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
Is the Navy Blue tartan that is part of your next batch of shirts the one you described in the past as " dark navy brushed cotton with a really subtle black plaid over it. Buttondown collar, chest pocket, dark smoke buttons"? Just curious if that swatch is the one or if there will be another, don't want to buy 2 navy plaids..

Sorry man, it broke my heart but that one got canceled. It turned out that the fabric house was out of stock on it.

I'm meeting with a new guy next week, so hopefully I'll have something like it for our late November batch.

cicero79

Reaction score
Sorry to post a follow-up question, but do you think the Aldens or the McNairy Chukka would be more versatile from casual to suiting?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
ETA on the Aldens, Oxfords, and possibly your suiting Mike?

Originally Posted by cicero79
Sorry to post a follow-up question, but do you think the Aldens or the McNairy Chukka would be more versatile from casual to suiting?

No worries, sorry that I was MIA on this thread yesterday.

Alden Brixton Wingtip boot - should be here this Friday
Epaulet Pinpoint Oxfords - scheduled for delivery around 10/25
Alden Chromexel Indy Boot with Dress sole - pushed back until end of October
Epaulet Sportcoats (tweed & pattern) - 2nd week of November
Epaulet Suiting - hopefully last week November. Still working out the final trouser fits.

The McNairy Chukkas are really casual because of the Red Brick Sole. The Aldens will definitely be more versatile. I do have a great chocolate brown Chelsea boot from McNairy (made in UK) that makes an excellent casual or dress piece. PM me your size and I can send you more info.

Cheers,
Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads