• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores with the Best Sales Assistants

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started this on a whim. Want to here other peoples experiences about stores.

I''ll start it off. Gap SA's are the worstt! The employees don't know **** about ****. I called and this chick didn't know what the **** chambray was. I also asked about rigid jeans and they didn't know what they were either. Its funny how i know more about their own product than the employee does.

I've had an okay experience at Barney's. They know some stuff, but often give misinformation on jeans.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Torono - Sydneys, J+O, and esp Nomad. They know their stuff.

TNTBlu is meh, theres that bald guy that knows his stuff but a lot of their other SA's don't know much.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context. It doesn't get much better than these guys. Every few weeks my roommate and I stop by and we're usually there for an hour or so learning about all the new stuff. Sam and Ryan know their stuff backwards and forwards and I love stopping by when I'm in the area.

J Crew Liquor Store. Had an awesome experience there while visiting NYC for a week. Stopped by probably three different times during my trip and was very well taken care of every time. The Soho men's store was also very good.

Jean Shop Soho. Again, amazing and friendly service. Very comfortable atmosphere, very knowledgeable salespeople and when my brother picked up a pair of jeans there they even offered us a shot of tequila.

Epaulet. Again, great service. Friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. Great little shop and the new stuff they are doing is amazing.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
SE
Farinelli's
Blackbird
Atsui

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
Started this on a whim. Want to here other peoples experiences about stores.

I''ll start it off. Gap SA's are the worstt!

I'd say UO's employees are the worst. At least the Gap employees try to seem positive and friendly; the UO employees are to busy trying to be too cool for you and their job

Edit: for best - Hejfinas employees (and owner) were always very nice and helpful...though they don't exist anymore...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I don't know about that , sir!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Personally, the quality of my shopping experience is dictated by the ability of the SA to try to get me drunk. That said, these people are on my "best of" list: -Billy Reid -Farinelli's (Assuming Mauro hasn't stocked the fridge with his horrible cider, juice, or some kind of scotch that no one else will touch) -RRL Melrose -Secret Service -Legion -Self Edge (I trust Kiya will be fully stocked when I visit again)

drewdub

Reaction score
I find JCrew to be very hit or miss... When I worked there I tried genuinely hard to be very accommodating and know the product, as did most in my store.

However, half the time i go into a JCrew, where i admittedly spend a TON of money, i get little to no help. The other half they seem to be accommodating and nice.

Whatevs

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
I'd like to limit this to department stores or larger stores. not smaller b&m stores.
In that case it'll just be a sliding scale of "suck." Good luck with that.

Reaction score
ok, my real answer is...

SEARS b/c they don't give a F and stay outta my way
actually i took the little one* to the photo studio and the SA there was really helpful

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I am here to brag, no store in the world answers client emails as fast as Self Edge.
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^ I don't know about that , sir!
Someone should do a test. Email Self Edge and Farinelli's and start the clock! I'd like to put a +1 on Self Edge and Jean Shop, from in-person, in-store experiences dealing with the staff, they are superb. I'd also say that Blue In Greene know their stuff and are helpful, but not entirely pleasant. I was ignored in NdG. I've had great experiences with Farinelli's and Context online, but that's a bit different from a person in the store. No hate on those guys! EDIT: I missed the clause about Dept. stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads