1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stores with the Best Sales Assistants

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by theom-, Oct 1, 2009.

1. chroMe

chroMe Senior member

The guy with the orange moustache at Black Bird, Seattle was memorable.

Am partial to the tall queen at Bologaro Trevor off Carnaby Street. The only friendly sales person at Vivienne Westwood on Conduit goes to the Spanish dude in menswear.

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

PURE BLUE JAPAN [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jesus, Jas wasn't kidding. You really did want to marry that girl(s).

4. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

how come? it's probably been a year or so, but the last time I ordered from them, they sent me the wrong pair of jeans (correct size, but wrong type). I emailed them about it and they told me to keep them, and had the correct pair at my door in <48 hours. doesnt really get much better than that imo...

Nothing but amazing service from Cultizm (and Farinellis). Cultizm always answers emails, and when I ordered a wrong size and sent them back, they not only refunded shipping to me, they refunded me shipping back to them and I was not expecting that (and didn't even want it).

When I got a little worried that my APC hadn't arrived (fucking USPS and they're worthless tracking), Farinellis offered to send me another pair at no cost. It turned out that I jumped the gun a little and the first pair ended up arriving the next day.

I like J crew to.

5. jarude

jarude Senior member

I know this should be limited to Dept. stores but damn, our very own Mike at Epaulet is the fucking man.

6. connor

connor Senior member

yeah, when he isnt trapped in the closet

7. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Supreme NYC has the best staff in the world.

8. yusuke

yusuke Senior member

PURE BLUE JAPAN [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

+1

Farinelli's, Drinkwater's, MJK, Self Edge, Blue in Green all have awesome service as well.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

The bald asian guy with thick eyeglass frames at the south coast plaza john varvatos boutique is a bit of an arrogant mutha.

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I never did trust anyone from Brooklyn.

Hey, I gots cousins out in Brooklyn...

11. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    case and point.

12. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

Bay Area, CA: (And i shop A LOT)

Good:
    -Horace at Borrelli! He makes it almost worth it to buy at retail......almost. I can't fucking belive he talked me into ordering 3 MTM shirts at full retail......[​IMG]
    -Some of the crew at Wilkes Bashford SF. Its really hit or miss but some of the staff are AWESOME even if they know you're not walking in with an unlimited checking acct (as most of their cust are)
    -Some of the crew at Barney's SF--5th Flr--some real gems of gents there.
    -Me--I take care of my customers
    -Some of the crew at Malouf's Burlingame.

IMO, a good salesperson at a high end store knows how to "invest" in their customers--as in they're not alwyas looking for the quick sale and know that if the service is there, you become customers for life. Sale rack today, Kiton Floor tomorrow.

Having said that, the BAD:
    MOST of the SA at Wilkes, Palo Alto
    Neiman Marcus--pretty much every one I've been to but especially SF+PA
    MOST of the staff at Bloomingdale's SF except the Shoe dept--
    FERRAGAMO SF--OMG ARE THEY FUCKING BAD. 1st time I went in there, thought it was a fluke but the chinese girl who was in there looked me up and down blatantly and would not even acknowledge me presence. Everytime thereafter either the gay dude or that same chinese girl was there and I received the same treatment.
    Your fucking ferragamo for god's sake. the poor man's luxury brand[​IMG]

I can go on and on..

13. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I've never had a bad experience at Opening Ceremony in LA. They are really nice and accomodating. Same thing down the street at Craft. Really good people.

Of course Secret Service! Chad: "Do you want a beer?" 'nuff said.

The guys at Legion are dope too, except this one time I rolled in and a girl was working. I asked her for the price of some EG denim that didn't have a tag, and she picked up a pair of Rag & Bone or KMW (I forgot, but it was substantially more than the EG should have been) because they "looked the same" and quoted me that price. Really now?.

Did anyone mention BLAKE in Portland? I love them. Super nice dude.

14. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Personally, the quality of my shopping experience is dictated by the ability of the SA to try to get me drunk. That said, these people are on my "best of" list:
    -Billy Reid

QFT. Billy Reid is the only reason I ever stop by Southpark Mall in Charlotte these days -- and I usually try to hit up the store every time I pass through the city.

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

case and point.
    Ha. Adam's cousins are freaks.

16. unjung

unjung Senior member

On the MC floor at Barney's in SF, there's a really good older guy, I forget his name. The people on the same floor at Saks are jerks.

17. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

case and point.

("Case in point").

I know I already mentioned this, but I'm currrently having an amazing experience with the guys at Need Supply Co. That's what it's about.

Have yet to experience Mauro's finesse, but only 'cause I missed the F vs. Crates by a week :-(

18. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

how come? it's probably been a year or so, but the last time I ordered from them, they sent me the wrong pair of jeans (correct size, but wrong type). I emailed them about it and they told me to keep them, and had the correct pair at my door in <48 hours. doesnt really get much better than that imo...

+1^^ that's something I would do for sure.

^ wow. As in 'keep them' keep them??

Yeah, um, Mauro, I need some jeans. No, not those, the other blue ones. No, to the left of those...

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Farinellis

Nathan literally just talked to me for 20-25 minutes, checking inventory, helping me out to get a great deal, just an all around good place.

Shop Detour

Great guys here too, very patient and willing to go grab whatever to double check measurements and make sure I had everything I wanted to know.

Epaulet

Mike is a SUPER nice guy and genuinely cares about his customers. Can't wait for my red flannel.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

BTW, service at Epaulet sucks. I've sent numerous emails to Mike and all he does is answer my questions in the form of R. Kelly lyrics.

What the hell is that about?

Cristal poppin' in the stretch navigator
    we got food every where
    as if the party was catered
    we got fellas to my left
    honeys on my right
    we bring em both together we got drinkin' all night