• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
had my Bihars waiting for me when I got back. It too was held by customs but I had a friend deal with it while I was gone and no problems arriving

I ordered one full down from normal PS (using Ricard/Starr as reference) on Zippy's advice and it worked perfect for me. I could probably wear a half size down as well, but it'd be noticeably roomy. I was a bit nervous going so small but it's indeed a larger last. Great boots, love the rubber sole and the color which is a bit different from the other burgundy dip dye boots I have.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bihar does fit freakishly huge. I wear a 9D in Clarks DB, UK7.5-UK8 in Ricards and got a UK7 in Bihars with a lot of room. A UK6.5 would have worked better but I prefer to wear it with thicker socks so I stuck with the UK7 and there are some room in the toes but then again I have a wide feet so take that into consideration.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
From searching the sizing info on this thread:

US10-10.5(10 in clarks) -->Ricard 8.5UK-->Bihars 7.5UK!???
Is this right?

Going from US10-10.5 to a UK8.5 in Ricard seems a bit suspect.
But yeah, an 8.5UK Ricard fits pretty close to a 7.5UK Bihar.

racetrack

Reaction score
Nothing to do with PS shoes... but any opinions/experience with Paul Smith wallets? I'm looking to pick one up for a friend's birthday:
a8xa-1032-950-b-20182.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racetrack
Nothing to do with PS shoes... but any opinions/experience with Paul Smith wallets? I'm looking to pick one up for a friend's birthday:

have had 2 wallets, the first was the kind where it has a photo printed inside. The one you linked ^^ has that purple thread wrapped around the corners...mine did too and that bit gets worn fast and the thread unravels/breaks off.

the current wallet I use is a burgundy wingtip-brogued wallet which has been awesome. No thread on the corners to unravel and it's gotten better looking with age.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a Paul Smith cardholder and it is holding up pretty well. The stitching hasn't come loose like GS 's but one of the purple lining has unraveled a bit but doesn't really bother me much. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it since I torture my wallets to death and I've had it for a year and a half. Almost time for a change though, not because it's dilapidated, but because I just like to change wallets every 1.5-2 years.

splattered

Reaction score
Ive had the same wallet for a good 3+ years now... ive never even thought about changing it out. That actually sounds like a good idea..
smile.gif

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I have one, I like it but it gets worn fast which was a bit disappointing. I've only had it for three months though. I'll probably post pics tomorrow.

racetrack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
have had 2 wallets, the first was the kind where it has a photo printed inside. The one you linked ^^ has that purple thread wrapped around the corners...mine did too and that bit gets worn fast and the thread unravels/breaks off.

the current wallet I use is a burgundy wingtip-brogued wallet which has been awesome. No thread on the corners to unravel and it's gotten better looking with age.

Originally Posted by RFX45
I have a Paul Smith cardholder and it is holding up pretty well. The stitching hasn't come loose like GS 's but one of the purple lining has unraveled a bit but doesn't really bother me much. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it since I torture my wallets to death and I've had it for a year and a half. Almost time for a change though, not because it's dilapidated, but because I just like to change wallets every 1.5-2 years.

Thanks for the comments guys. Really helps.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice RFX45.

I'm probably going to pickup the brown suede york's to wear with slim denim and white T's.

I could spend alot on PS shoes.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Received the brown Bihars from Milan Clothing and I hate how they just put the shoe box in a plastic bag and then ship it. The box was beaten to death, I think it is partially PS's fault though. As much as I love the new black box because it doesn't look cheap but I haven't received one that wasn't messed up. This one was the worst one though, all the seams broke apart and it is practically a flat piece of cardboard now. Take into consideration that it was just inside a plastic bag, which was already partially open because they didn't seal it well. I would have been pissed if something spilled and sipped into the shoes.
ps10.jpg
With that said, I love these boots! The rubber sole is very comfortable and the dip-dye on this one is great. I was afraid it would look to similar to the Ricards but the way it has a darker toe and heel (like burnt look) and gets slightly lighter as it goes up the shoe really gives it a different look. Better pics when I get home.

jayce030

Reaction score
nice! they look great... thanks to all that posted pics. ordered mine from the PS website but my package got held up in customs. damn!

splattered

Reaction score
So is it actually cheaper to purchase from the paulsmith store...?

Also, anyone know where i can still cop a pair of UK6-6.5 Ricard? :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads