• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

jayce030

Reaction score
Fit pics when possible gents... most of my pants are tapered and am wondering if bihars would look odd... Ricards were perfect for me, thats why i was hoping they were somewhat similar in structure and slimness.

The SF Paul Smith store doesnt carry them as with other stores downtown and have no other fit comparisons besides your comments, so thanks!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I tried on the Bihars, I was wearing some slim jeans, 7"-7.5" leg opening and I thought they looked great with it, very similar look to the Ricards just not as low profile. I would have taken pics at the store but the store was pretty empty and 3 of the SA's were tending to me, made me feel even worst returning the boots to them and telling them I'll think about it.

splattered

Reaction score
Wow i think i like the ricards a little better... i still haven't scored a pair
smile.gif

Still not sure which size i'd need.

jayce030

Reaction score
Thx RFX... I'll pick them up... Just gonna wait for ur pics of the brown bihars and it's a go.
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Barneys exclusive Paul Smith Chukka, which i don't get because I could ahve sworn I saw the exact same shoe at NM a few months ago, even posted a pic of it here. Maybe the somewhat lighter brown version is exclusive?
It would have been nice in tan suede or snuff suede though.
p-1.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those suede Chukkas are just the Achille. They've been around a while. I bought a pair of dark brown suede ones at Nordstrom a few seasons ago (they run big). I think I've seen them in a lighter suede too.

I think the only thing exclusive to Barney's about them are the colors.
Coggles in the UK have some funky green ones too.
49218_500_x_667.jpg

(Did you get your Bihars?)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, got mine from PS but the brown ones from MilanClothing might take a while. USPS informed me that it hasn't even hit the U.S. soil yet. Hopefully by next week it'll be here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pics of the Oxblood Bihar with and without flash.
oxbloo10.jpg

Fit pics, it is difficult to capture without natural sunlight so I'll post better fits pics tomorrow. This will do for now.
oxbloo11.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That is a drastic change between flash and no flash, which one would you say is more true to color?

splattered

Reaction score
^^Wow i like those more than i thought i would... not sure if i like em better than the Ricard or not :/

Whats sizing on these like again?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes those are the Achilles in burgundy--I like. I have them in brown and very much dig them.

Those greens are bold.

Waiting for PS to give us a deep navy dip dye, maybe a Chen or Nash style.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
That is a drastic change between flash and no flash, which one would you say is more true to color?
It definitely doesn't look as brown as the second pic and it isn't as light as the first pic, it has a deeper red. The fit pic on the left is more indicative of it's tru color.

I know that doesn't help but I'll try and post daylight pics tomorrow. The red is really nice and the dip-dye process gives it more character than if it were just a regular plain red color.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New and better pic as promised, really difficult to capture the true red color, even in natural light.
Oxblood3.jpg

OxbloodFit2.jpg

OxbloodFit3.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^looks great. Do you wear a burgundy belt or some other color with them?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, I don't have a burgundy belt. I'd probably just wear my brown belt, it has somewhat of a dip-dye effect too. Close enough with the shoe color.
FerragamoBrown.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads