• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

skunkworks

Reaction score
I would love to talk shop with the factory person who thought it'd be okay to punch the rivet holes, then decide that they made a mistake and try to reverse it.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
OK. Out of the box. Fit well. Wife likes them. "Where did you get them. . . why did you buy jeans . . . I like the denim . . . do they make women's?"

So. Where can she get jeans with this kind of denim?

Anyone?

BTW, mine have none of the problems others are seeing. The interior stitching is sloppy, and in one place on the waistband, the chain is missing, but unless the threads start unravelling there, that isn't an issue for now.
Fit is great as is the denim.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

BTW, mine have none of the problems others are seeing. The interior stitching is sloppy, and in one place on the waistband, the chain is missing, but unless the threads start unravelling there, that isn't an issue for now.

There aren't holes in the back?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone?

she can't... this was a limited production denim and is used up. there are other similiar denims (dark jeans, black overdyes, etc), though. I will try to think of some for her. what kind of cuts does she like?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone?

In general, she can't. This exact denim is done/gone/finito/adios. From it's description by mauro and several other experts this was a one off from Cone Mills premium White Oak line.

One of the real experts here may be able to point you to a very lightweight selvedge overdye that is similar, but off the top off my head I don't know of any.

In general, women's denim I have come across from higher end companies like Slings & Stones and Current/Elliot the denim tends to be very nice but very traditional.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
personally I don't really know how practical raw 100% cotton jeans are for women... but in the end, for women, its fit that is 99% of the reason you buy the jean, everything else (detailing, construction, etc) amounts to almost nothing

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
she can't... this was a limited production denim and is used up. there are other similiar denims (dark jeans, black overdyes, etc), though. I will try to think of some for her. what kind of cuts does she like?

Not sure how to even answer. If you give suggestions, she could look at some web photos.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Not sure how to even answer. If you give suggestions, she could look at some web photos.

well if you asked her, I"m sure she'd know. just ask 'slim, straight or bootcut?"

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...as holes in fabric tend to do with wear.

Man, this is really unfortunate to hear considering the denim's scarcity. Are the size of the holes at the six- and 12-month mark going to be added to judging process?

"The way those holes have expanded is some next level ****."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads