• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics or it didn't happen.

Originally Posted by VolsVolsVols
Okay, what the ****. I have worn my Crate vs. Farinelli jeans for a grand total of EIGHT HOURS and the crotch has completely blown out. Compound this with the fact that the legs have an inverse-stacking effect going on, and I think that these are the worst jeans ever created.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
do you really want to go down this road? it will be very expensive

if so, take her to the 45 rpm off madison. it's across the street from Tom Ford/RL Mansion

hand her your CC, and go and get drunk

Sold. She won't buy if she sees the prices (I am guessing over $19.99), but she can pick something out and I can get it for her.

Thanks

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Sold. She won't buy if she sees the prices (I am guessing over $19.99), but she can pick something out and I can get it for her.

Thanks

lol, wait until YOU see the prices

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, what the ****. I have worn my Crate vs. Farinelli jeans for a grand total of EIGHT HOURS and the crotch has completely blown out. Compound this with the fact that the legs have an inverse-stacking effect going on, and I think that these are the worst jeans ever created.

Yeesh. If this is at all a common occurrence with the jeans, the contest might have to be scrapped all together. Guess I should be happy my size sold out before I got to them.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
very true.

Additionally it's worth noting that many women even those with a fashion forward attitude, will not do the whole wear for 6 months without washing thing. It's simply not going to happen.

This. When I first started getting my girl versed in the raw denim world, she was pretty disgusted by the idea of keeping your jeans from any form of washing for six months.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you have my sympathy franellis and the ones that have had issues on the jeans. Support this man.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks

smile.gif
Thanks for the warning. I'll be ready.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whaaaa. We need pics. Also, what is inverse stacking?

I feel like people are just trying to one up each other with jean horror stories. My Crate vs. Farinelli jeans exploded and gave me third degree burns.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This. When I first started getting my girl versed in the raw denim world, she was pretty disgusted by the idea of keeping your jeans from any form of washing for six months.

As is with most women who aren't either disgustingly dirty in the first place or ultra hipster commited which means they are in all likelihood wearing nasty ******* legging jeans anyway which will never fade to any sort of good look.

To boot, the results are far less spectacular with women due to a myriad of reasons. The don't wear them as hard, predistressed denim doesn't look as awkward and cheap on women, lap lines make women look wider....

Also whether men will admit or even are aware, all but the skinniest and most bow legged girls thighs rub to some degree. You think your crotch blowouts are bad? Even a size 6 girl would have crotch explosions.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
My Crate vs. Farinelli jeans exploded and gave me third degree burns.
Well, mine just showed up and now I know why they took so long... they left a trail of corpses in their wake. The mailman's body is still on my front steps, don't know what to do with it at this point. Unpacking them caused me to lose my faith in Jesus. Worst of all, since trying them on, I have succumbed to male pattern baldness.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Well, mine just showed up and now I know why they took so long... they left a trail of corpses in their wake.

Do me a favor and wear them walking through Toronto. You'd be doing this nation a great service.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
Thanks for the warning. I'll be ready.

Some are going to scoff most certainly but do this: Go to Gap (or any other store that carries a wide range of decent fitting denim) Have her try EVERYTHING on. Here's why and it's something a lot of people here forget but are walking breathing examples of: If you cannot do/buy/know the basics, you shouldn't be auditing the advanced classes. Once she can identify what she likes, what makes her look good and what aspects work for her THEN she can move along. Gap jeans are her much loved $19.99 this weekend too.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I dunno if you are trolling tho dopey, but if you actually took her to 45rpm and she bought an outfit, and then you posted pictures, that would be the coolest thing in the world

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Some are going to scoff most certainly but do this:

Go to Gap (or any other store that carries a wide range of decent fitting denim) Have her try EVERYTHING on.

Here's why and it's something a lot of people here forget but are walking breathing examples of: If you cannot do/buy/know the basics, you shouldn't be auditing the advanced classes.

Once she can identify what she likes, what makes her look good and what aspects work for her THEN she can move along.

Gap jeans are her much loved $19.99 this weekend too.

Mazda ftw!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads