• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

justchillaxing

Reaction score
do you have a time frame on when these updated macasliters will be released? i just bought a pair. now i don't know if i should return them and wait for the updated versions.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I find it odd that people buy the Mcallisters when they're basically knockoffs of Clarks, and no cheaper.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
true, but the quality is just as good and the toe is more pointed. it's a little bit more classier imo. and considering the point taken boot is hard to come by, a good alternative although it still has a crepe sole.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeve is pretty baggy imo. I roll up my sleeve 99% when I'm wearing the chambray.

ecs135

Reaction score
Assuming the cut is similar to the Denim Workshirt, it is baggy in my opinion. From customer service:

Muscle Circumference 1" Below Armhole
S 16.5
M 17.25
L 18

J Crew does a good job of responding with a very complete set of measurements.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my j.crew vneck teeshirt in the new slim fit in the mail... if you size down one i think these are as slim as AA or maybe even slimmer in the body..... really soft fabric love it.. will def pick up a few more

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill_switch
You only leave 1% unrolled? Damn duy.
Aha It was cold in the building cs: is the hem short? I'm looking for some tees.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
I got my j.crew vneck teeshirt in the new slim fit in the mail... if you size down one i think these are as slim as AA or maybe even slimmer in the body..... really soft fabric love it.. will def pick up a few more

make sure not the wash um in warm water... made that mistake and now its not soft
frown.gif

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
id even recommended hang dry if you have the time... it seems to make um stay light and soft. I lucky only did it to my gray one which i don't wear that often. my others are still soft and perfect

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sunman42000
can someone post a worn photo of the chambray. are the sleeves baggy?
Here's my grey one I got tailored with the sleeves+body taken in and armholes raised:
fit.jpg
Highly recommend altering it, especially since after you can roll down the sleeves and it will still look good. Also did the same for my blue one.

sunman42000

Reaction score
armholes raised - is that possible/worth the cost? And did it turn out well?

It all looks really good in the photo

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a tailor takes in the body and sleeves, s/he will undoubtedly raise the armholes as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads