• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
tim roth at target the other day. he spent $200

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
My wife and I bumped into Tina Fey and her husband when shopping for Christmas trees on the UWS this past December. I chatted with the husband for a few moments before realizing who they were.

I met Tina Fey and her husband once. IIRC, he made you feel tall, no?

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caught a glimpse of Will at Whole Foods yesterday.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I've seen iammatt a couple of times in the Bay Area. Does that count?

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw CNN's Donna Brazile in Penn Quarter.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This isn't that interesting, but what the hell.

I was in Vienna a few years ago, waiting for my tram, and grabbing a bottle of water at a little convenience store, when I noticed an American couple struggling to ask how to get tram tickets from the checkout clerk, who did not speak sufficient English to help. I went to offer my assistance and realized it was Dennis Franz of NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues fame, with his wife.

I told them where to go to get tickets (a shop half a block down) and went back to wait for the tram. They were very thankful and very, very nice.

A few minutes later, the tram showed up and I got on, and noticed through the glass car that Franz and his wife were getting on the next car. They noticed me, we waved and smiled, and then they decided to disembark and join me in my car. They struggled out with their bags, but before they could get over to my car, the doors closed, and all I could do was offer a sad shrug and a look of apology as the car pulled away, and I was never to see Dennis Franz again.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Watts. She lives with Liev Schreiber somewhere in the neighborhood. Have seen them before at our local israeli hummus restaurant.
Which hummus place? I have been looking for an israeli place to go... but the one that i like is under construction (i think it is on Lafayette, south of Spring Street). I have seen Liev walking his dog near Bowery (near Bowery Bar).... i think twice in the past year.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Chuck Close scooting by yet again on Bond St.

Damn.... every time i walk near Bond Street i look for him and his scooter. So jealous.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
Which hummus place? I have been looking for an israeli place to go... but the one that i like is under construction (i think it is on Lafayette, south of Spring Street).

I have seen Liev walking his dog near Bowery (near Bowery Bar).... i think twice in the past year.

12 Chairs on McDougal. I'm afraid Hummus Asli may be closed for good...

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
12 Chairs on McDougal. I'm afraid Hummus Asli may be closed for good...

Wow... that is the place i was talking about. I hope it is not closed for good
frown.gif

But thanks... I will try 12 Chairs.

SenorMatador

Reaction score
Kevin Sorbo, Mark McGrath within the past two days

-Kurt "the CyberGuy" Knutsson bought me contact solution today...

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard Teller of "Penn and" speak at a ticket counter in Vegas.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maurice Tempelsman at the doctor's office. Looking hale and hearty, and sporting a jaunty pocket square.
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads