• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

CougarRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
Judging by their explanation of what the lens is, I think it might just be a high index lens. Which means it could be thinner, but more importantly it will provide better optics than an Poly lens, but not as good as glass (in theory). In terms of strength, high index is great. It is the perfect balance of vision and strength in a lens (IMO). Great bang for the buck material.

I called Maui Jim. They said the Evolution lens is: 1) their own patented technology, but 2) comparable to a high index lens.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order for Moscot Nebbs: black frame with brown glass lenses. I will post a fit pic when I receive them.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CougarRed
I called Maui Jim. They said the Evolution lens is: 1) their own patented technology, but 2) comparable to a high index lens.

A lot of companies make patents on designs and technology and end up selling it to other companies.

Im not saying that these lenses are good or bad, Im just saying that if they are high index, I dont have many bad things to say about it. Bang for the buck, high index (dont know much about Maui Jim Evolution) is a great product.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
I don't think so, looks like this;

wyax.jpg

The bridge looks like it could be persol, but what is the model?

buckeye75

Reaction score
If my ray ban's had a sturdier frame like prada sunglasses do, I would be EXTREMELY happy. Fortunately they're very durable - after having them fall off my head about 50 times they're still going strong lol.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hermitedge
Was going the wayfarer route thus straying away from my usual aviator steez... but couldnt. They're a bit bigger than how I would usually hang but the curve of the frame compensates for that.

http://www.alldesignereyeglasses.com...b&in=98954.jpg

[x] Polarized
[x] Titanium
[x] Made in Italy
[x] Minimal branding

Ended up returning them since I should've added an extra [x] box that said "Non Douchey". I hope I don't end up like longskate88 or whatever with his neverending sunglasses fetish.
wink.gif

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Was going the wayfarer route thus straying away from my usual aviator steez... but couldnt. They're a bit bigger than how I would usually hang but the curve of the frame compensates for that.

http://www.alldesignereyeglasses.com...b&in=98954.jpg

[x] Polarized
[x] Titanium
[x] Made in Italy
[x] Minimal branding

Ended up returning them since I should've added an extra [x] box that said "Non-Douchey". I hope I don't end up like longskate88 or whatever with his neverending sunglasses fetish.
wink.gif

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Any sellers on ebay selling legit wayfarers, or is it suicide?

I have a pair of Rayban Wayfarer's in black that I am trying to get rid of, PM me for info. Looking for $65 shipped.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Torn between some generic Randolph Engineering "Sportsmans" in gunmetal or matter chrome frames and grey lenses or ray ban clubmasters with tortoise shell frames. this:
yhst-44104681358267_2047_3003574
or this:
31cK%2B1DyEgL._SS500_.jpg
I'm thinking I need to try on the ray bans first before buying online since I've never tried glasses like those before.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Anybody have these? Would they work on a smaller face or look oddball?

mosley-tribes-72.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have these? Would they work on a smaller face or look oddball?

mosley-tribes-72.jpg

Wayfarers work on any face.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
def try on the clubmasters - they wear deceptively smaller than they look and aren't as versatile as one would think.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Any one know a good place to buy $25 Wayfarers? That aren't total piece's of junk? With UV protection?

I need some new sunglasses, but I don't have +$100 to spend on some authentic Raybans.

I've tried Aviators, they look bad on my face.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads