• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasterstill

Reaction score
standard.jpg
the only watch that i lust for, it is beautiful simple and german. Some day I will own one for sure

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fasterstill
standard.jpg

the only watch that i lust for, it is beautiful simple and german. Some day I will own one for sure

It's also so big that it's unwearable.

fasterstill

Reaction score
while it is hard to shop fashion as a bigger guy at least I can rock bigger watches with out looking like I am trying to be a rapper. That said 45mm is pretty huge and I might get a different A Lange & Sohne when it is actually time to buy.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got from the AD in Houston last week.
panerai.jpg

Regards.
PS. Excuse the camera phone picture.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Got from the AD in Houston last week.
panerai.jpg

Regards.
PS. Excuse the camera phone picture.

Congrats on the 112.

How are the discounts these days? I just got a call from a AD saying that they are having their once in a lifetime sale on the entire store (probably going out of business).

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Whoa, awesome.

+1 I have a Max Bill too. Unfortunately they use an acrylic crystal which I scratched up in very short time. Then I dropped it and broke it. God I miss you Max Bill watch T_T

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
+1 I have a Max Bill too. Unfortunately they use an acrylic crystal which I scratched up in very short time. Then I dropped it and broke it. God I miss you Max Bill watch T_T
- acrylic is easy to buff up.. Use toothpaste

graphite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by btinl
Congrats on the 112. How are the discounts these days? I just got a call from a AD saying that they are having their once in a lifetime sale on the entire store (probably going out of business).
second that question. i'm curious about dealer discounts as well. this would be my first pam, so i don't think they'd extend a discount to a first time customer, as opposed to a repeat customer... houston is not far for me. when i get back to the united states i was considering driving up there to see if panerai suits my taste.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
^^

destro??? would love a left handed watch being the southpaw i am!

I'm probably reading your question wrong, but the PAM 112 is not a destro (it has the winding crown on the right side).

But they do have a destro version of the Luminor Base: PAM 219. It costs $1100 more than the (AFAIK) otherwise identical PAM 112.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a destro (PAM115)

PAM115_wrist.jpg

bcate3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf

You mean that the crystal broke? I thought acrylic, unlike sapphire, was supposed to be shatter proof.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bcate3
You mean that the crystal broke? I thought acrylic, unlike sapphire, was supposed to be shatter proof.

Nah, the movement broke :| The watch sits on my shelf. Broken and wristless.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought from the AD with a friend that is a good client of the AD...ie $30K+ watches/year for the past 4-5 years. He basically was buying the watch, and at the last second put in my info on the warranty/registration etc. The AD gave a 28% discount on the NIB PAM 112k. I am sure others have done even better/worse. YMMV.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads