• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit too tight, too short, too trendy? Seeking opinions on interview attire.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you are ready.
smile.gif

davidsj

Reaction score
Hmmm I'd say this suit is great for day to day wear, but in my opinion it's just a tad too casual for a management consulting interview. It can probably work but I would go with a white or blue shirt, and definitely change the shoes to black or darker brown. Probably black is safer choice.

Nervous Wreck

Reaction score
Thank you kindly for the replies, gentlemen.

Originally Posted by HomerJ
Then it should look fine although I'd prefer a 0.5" longer jacket.

The length of the jacket was (is) my biggest concern. Hopefully it's not a deal-breaker.

Originally Posted by Shoe City Thinker
I'm not liking the tan shoes with that suit. Do you have any oxblood or "cordovan" colored shoes? Is the suit navy, gray, or black?

It's navy. I actually like navy suits with cognac shoes (I will say the lighting is throwing the color balance off so the shoes look a bit funny) but I'll wear black shoes to the interview. No oxbloods yet, though I agree they look fantastic with navy and charcoal suits.

Originally Posted by PocketCircle
Lose the shirt, black shoes and you'll be fine. The tie is not great but will work for an interview.

Is it the color (blue) or the collar (spread) that's objectionable? I don't like point collars, but if that's the issue, I'll just pick up a cheap one just for interviews.

No one seems to like the Zegna tie. A real shame--my girlfriend bought it for me specifically to wear on interviews! Oh well, off it goes.

Originally Posted by fcuknu
Get some BB Black Fleece and you are guaranteed the job.

If only it were that easy. Anyway, my funds limit me to BB essentials separates.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nervous Wreck
Is it the color (blue) or the collar (spread) that's objectionable? I don't like point collars, but if that's the issue, I'll just pick up a cheap one just for interviews.

No one seems to like the Zegna tie. A real shame--my girlfriend bought it for me specifically to wear on interviews! Oh well, off it goes.

If I see it right, it is grey/black. I don't like black with that navy suit. You can find a better $10 silk tie.

Still, it is okay and noone will turn you away for wearing that tie.

Nervous Wreck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by davidsj
Hmmm I'd say this suit is great for day to day wear, but in my opinion it's just a tad too casual for a management consulting interview. It can probably work but I would go with a white or blue shirt, and definitely change the shoes to black or darker brown. Probably black is safer choice.

The shirt is blue, but the colors are really off in the pic (incandescent and fluorescent lighting in one room probably confused the camera).

I might just go with a white shirt to be extra safe and add a bit more formality to the suit.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
I really like the cut of the pants. This is a Hickey Freeman suit you say? Or is it from the Hickey Style line?

Nervous Wreck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inquirer89
Very nice suit. Where did you get it? (As a student, I'm also on the hunt for new suits)

Originally Posted by SwedishFish
I really like the cut of the pants. This is a Hickey Freeman suit you say? Or is it from the Hickey Style line?

Thanks. It's from the Hickey Style line (the cheaper, half fused stuff most people here probably wouldn't wear!).

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be more precise about the shoes: they should be plain black captoes, nothing very fancy.

Nervous Wreck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
If I see it right, it is grey/black. I don't like black with that navy suit. You can find a better $10 silk tie.

Still, it is okay and noone will turn you away for wearing that tie.

Wow, I should take a better photo in daylight! The tie is actually navy/grey/white.

Either way, the consensus seems to be to lose the tie. BB rep #2 here I come.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, I should take a better photo in daylight! The tie is actually navy/grey/white.

It's probably my eyes. I have a -9 prescription
smile.gif

Nervous Wreck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
looks real good!

Originally Posted by Douglas
Looks really, really great. I agree that I don't love the tie, but it's certainly A-OK for an interview.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
well done!

Originally Posted by DrCool1978
I think you are ready.
smile.gif

Thank you very much! You guys are too kind. And thanks for making me a little less anxious.

davidsj

Reaction score
Thanks. It's from the Hickey Style line (the cheaper, half fused stuff most people here probably wouldn't wear!).

How cheap are we talking? Where can you buy this?

Imperator

Reaction score
Can you give me your height/weight/the size of the suit? I'm thinking about buying one of their suits online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads