• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fred522

Reaction score
05DB85C0-E08F-4886-A757-5562182FFAA8.jpeg 4FA56CF9-26FA-4561-B469-BD575F50E6C0.jpeg F0D42209-AD2D-4E34-BD5C-CF59F32EEA6C.jpeg F5ECFE28-2CFA-4F8E-9ABD-5785FAFD4DBF.jpeg 468D5E3F-01DF-4810-8F62-53E7C5BB995C.jpeg 93229014-7DD7-4F35-8FBC-686FCAB41022.jpeg 63572328-BDF1-4B3D-8E3F-AB09287BF3D3.jpeg 4F621110-5E73-4D85-ABA5-B7CDD3BCCAEB.jpeg 9AFD3F01-464A-4121-8DB8-9BE0B8A93763.jpeg BAB29CF9-E25F-4B7A-A902-C3FCD1A3AC66.jpeg Hi all!

I have a few questions about the fits of a few Suitsupply Lazio jackets. Context is that it’s for my wedding, and will be part of a three piece suit that I want to be able to use for interviews, on the job, etc. in the future. In the pics I have a vest to mimic the vest I’ll have for the wedding.

For starters, I know sleeve and jacket lengths are messed up (especially on the shirt), but those are easy fixes. My question is about general fit, and about the sleeves and shoulders as well.

The first two photos are of me in a Havana (suitsupply) jacket; it’s a 36 regular, and as far as I’m concerned is all I need in a jacket. It’s got unstructured shoulders and is really a sport coat though, so it’s not suited for a wedding suit.

The other three are, in order, a Lazio 36R, 36S, and a 38S. The 36S is too short and doesn’t fit very different from the 36R, but I include it for completeness.

My first question applies to them all. Notice the sleeve wrinkles only in the back? What causes that and what can be done? Not a huge deal since it’s only in the back, but if there’s a fix (or not) it’d be helpful to know, especially since I don’t see that on the Havana.

My second question is about the overall fit. Which is best? My impression is that 36 gives me a better silhouette (and I don’t know if it shows, but the 38S has a lot of room in the waist; the last two photos are of me artificially bringing it in), but I was told that it doesn’t “drape over my shoulders” as well. I’m not sure that I see that or that I know what it means, but I’m inclined to believe it, considering that I’m often a 38S, but have lost weight lately. I’m guessing my shoulder size is a 38 no matter what, but that the Havana jacket is an exception.

What do you guys think? Any other comments? Any thoughts that I should have gone with something more (custom, made to measure, bespoke, probably out of price range though)?

My current thinking is to go with the 38S and have someone bring it in. I’d like to avoid adjustments for cost’s sake, but I think it’d be worth it if the 36 is truely too small. Needless to say I’m going for something slimmer and more contemporary.

Thanks to all!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For starters, I know sleeve and jacket lengths are messed up (especially on the shirt), but those are easy fixes.
Actually these are not easy fixes. The short lengths are far too short for you in the sleeves and the body. The sleeves on SuitSupply jackets have working buttonholes. It will look odd to lengthen the sleeves that much from the sleeve end since the buttons will end up quite far from the sleeve end. It is more risky and expensive to lengthen from the shoulder, and there may not be enough material to lengthen that much. The body cannot be lengthened.

The Havana 36R looks best on you of the jackets you posted. I'd be curious to see the 38R Havana and Lazio jackets as well.

Regarding backs of sleeves, would help to see side photos. Could be sleeve pitch but can't be sure just based on these photos.[/QUOTE]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads