• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target Suit?

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a nice suit but with anything off the rack you might be looking into some fitting isssues.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
I'm pleasantly surprised by the Merona stuff when I go to Target. You could surely do worse.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trailer36
Go with the sharkskin one. Here is me wearing one to an xmas work party:

PArty2-1.jpg

I always like seeing that Merona, T...shows how it can be done on a budget.

- B

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trailer36
Go with the sharkskin one. Here is me wearing one to an xmas work party:

PArty2-1.jpg

this suit is unaltered in the jacket which is very rare for me as I normally wear a 40-42R and a 32 pant. The cool part is you can order separates. A bit of advice, order one jacket size down from what you would normally wear, they run big. Overall I think you will be very satisfied and will be hard-pressed to find better for the money.

if you normally wear 40-42R, what did you end up purchasing...we have similar structure, and thats looks good for the money.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on this before and the consensus was that Target suits were very good values. The quality is the same as most of the low-mid range Macy's suits (which is what you find in spades at TJ Maxx and the like) while the cut is slim and athletic. They also go on sale often enough and can be had for under $100 sometimes.

I think the best comparative suit would be Macy's Alfani 'Red' line. They're cheap, around $250 complete without a sale and are cut like Hugo Boss's 'Red' line.

The main difference is Target goes with a classic slim fit that's closer to Mod while Alfani/Hugo Boss is more modern fit and doesn't really work everywhere.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought the khaki suit last year but I've never worn it. The trousers fit well but I'm not crazy about the jacket fit. It's a lot bulkier though the shoulders than I'm used to . I probably should have tried on a smaller size.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know where these slim suits are. I have tried on every Target suit that has ever been carried at my local store and they are all cut very large and boxy.

trailer36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beta
if you normally wear 40-42R, what did you end up purchasing...we have similar structure, and thats looks good for the money.

The jacket is a 38R and the pants are a 32x32. Like I said, none of the suit was altered which is a first for me, every other maker i own had to be altered. the suit actually is double vented too which is cool.

I wore the suit today and will post pics of my outfit later tonight so you can see the suit again. Total cost of my outfit in the first pic:

Target Merona suit: $150 (its a 3 piece)
Shirt: Jantzen $42
Tie: Joseph A. Bank $15
Shoes: Crockett and Jones Hallam (gift, but $300 and some change)
Pocket Square: Joseph A. Bank linen ($15 for 3)

trailer36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I don't know where these slim suits are. I have tried on every Target suit that has ever been carried at my local store and they are all cut very large and boxy.

You need to buy the Merona "Premium" line. the other line is very boxy but the Premium line is much slimmer in my experience.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one Target I went to while on vacation (none here in Canada) did not have the pure wool ones. I was looking forward to it. No pic I have seen of it looks bad and some quite good.

trailer36

Reaction score
Here fellas, this is how I wore the suit today:

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Shirt: Jantzen ($52)
Tie: TM Lewin ($19)
Shoes: SW1 ($210)
Pocket Square: Home made ($.50)

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks very good for the price, though for $210 i think you could do better on the shoes

trailer36

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
looks very good for the price, though for $210 i think you could do better on the shoes

I dont think the pic does them justice to be honest with you. They are from SW1 in Italy and I got them on sale from the owner (who is an awesome guy by the way and loves his craft). I am actually very happy with the purchase but I can understand your comment based on the pic!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads