• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target Suit?

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
on a students tight budget its a good deal. you can be picky later when you are a big shot. you might try on garments at a local store to find out what size to order.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I bought the khaki suit last year but I've never worn it. The trousers fit well but I'm not crazy about the jacket fit. It's a lot bulkier though the shoulders than I'm used to . I probably should have tried on a smaller size.
I bought this same suit and have posted it at some time last year . I had to get it slimmed down quite a bit and I'm going to wear it starting next month again. I'm going to have the skirt shortened 0.5"-1" and the quarters opened, maybe the sleeved slimmed a bit more yet. For $100 for the suit, you can't go wrong for a summer workhorse in CA.

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trailer36
The jacket is a 38R and the pants are a 32x32. Like I said, none of the suit was altered which is a first for me, every other maker i own had to be altered. the suit actually is double vented too which is cool.

I wore the suit today and will post pics of my outfit later tonight so you can see the suit again. Total cost of my outfit in the first pic:

Target Merona suit: $150 (its a 3 piece)
Shirt: Jantzen $42
Tie: Joseph A. Bank $15
Shoes: Crockett and Jones Hallam (gift, but $300 and some change)
Pocket Square: Joseph A. Bank linen ($15 for 3)

I went to my local target last night to investigate the Merona black suit and I found the jacket was much longer than what I liked (I like to be at least an inch and a half past my sleeves). Anyone think an alteration can be done to shave at least almost 2 inches from the bottom of the jacket to reach my desired length?

MLIW

Reaction score
I like the cut of the suit you wore tonight, generally I feel it suits you good choice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads