• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Brioni MTM and Steed (E. DeBoise) bespoke:

286483882_rhYjM-X2.jpg
489422895_4unVF-X2.jpg

- B

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
both look really sharp, but i like the steed better.

I also think both look great, but prefer the Steed. Vox, what sort of fabric is that? Looks nice. Real nice.

b

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Brioni MTM and Steed (E. DeBoise) bespoke:

286483882_rhYjM-X2.jpg
489422895_4unVF-X2.jpg

You're lucky you can look pretty good in MTM--but the Steed still looks much nicer. The sleeve shape and collar fit are the main things.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Steed DB is really serious business, looks absolutely fantastic on you and personally I prefer it a bit to your SB suits.
inlove.gif

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a not so good pic of one of my Corneliani DB suits. The sleeves have since been shortened.

img3065wr1.jpg

This another Corneliani (still on the original hanger) in grey flannel chalkstripe. I should try to take fit pics since it's really nice.

img4089me2.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Plastic buttons?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yfyf
Steed for the win ... though those buttons ... they seem almost ... cheap.

smile.gif

They're faux plastic...horn made to look like plastic in low res WAYWRN photographs.

They have to be special ordered.

- B

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vox - do you store secret files or maybe some lunch in your trouser cuffs? What is that... 6 inches?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
both look really sharp, but i like the steed better.

Thanks. Me, too.

Originally Posted by rdawson808
I also think both look great, but prefer the Steed. Vox, what sort of fabric is that? Looks nice. Real nice.

b

Thank you. Smith & Co. 11oz wool flannel.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
You're lucky you can look pretty good in MTM--but the Steed still looks much nicer. The sleeve shape and collar fit are the main things.

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
That Steed DB is really serious business, looks absolutely fantastic on you and personally I prefer it a bit to your SB suits.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
They both look sharp. But I like Steed better: shoulder is more shaped to your body, and trousers have slimmer look.

Thanks, guys. I posted these next to each other just to show a quite good example of made to measure next to a full bespoke number from a top maker. The Brioni cost more, and that was in the late 1990s. The Brioni had everything going for it: I'm an easy fit; I bought it through Louis, Boston where the quality of service and attention to detail are high; and Brioni (through that time at least) was uncomprising as a factory maker.

In the end, though, one is more organically magically than the other...and it is not just because one is draped, and the other not.
devil.gif

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Vox - do you store secret files or maybe some lunch in your trouser cuffs? What is that... 6 inches?

It's a full foot. Sometimes, I store whnay there.

- B

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like my suits like I like my women, double-breasted and with a slim silhouette.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads