• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

MLIW

Reaction score
I remeber meeting the singer of MUSE at my old work was pretty nice guy did some personal shopping for him
smile.gif

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
confused.gif

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle87436.ece

Actually, he is a real prick in my experience, and any money he has left is his wife's, whom he treats like ****.

My meeting with him was strictly business related. He was polite in that regard. I cannot speak for his romantic relationships or social skills.

If he wasn't good to his wife, etc... then shame on him.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I met Joan Baez at the inauguration. Friends-of-friends all hoofing it together sort of thing. Lots of people were introducing themselves with lines like "It's so nice to meet you," etc. They were fans I suppose. I just reached across the table and said "Hi I'm Bob," and shook hands with her and another woman (not famous) who she was with. For starters, I'm not a fan of her musci, but mostly I thought I'd sound like an idiot gushing. Either way it didn't phase her. She gave my wife some gum and shared her fruit salad with me.

b

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I was down near the Equinox in Soho... and I saw that guy who was on Project Runway named Christian Siriano. The guy with the glasses who won season 4 and always said everything was "fierce".

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President
Today I was down near the Equinox in Soho... and I saw that guy who was on Project Runway named Christian Siriano. The guy with the glasses who won season 4 and always said everything was "fierce".

I almost went to SoHo today; but, went to Columbus Circle instead.
frown.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I met Joan Baez at the inauguration. Friends-of-friends all hoofing it together sort of thing. Lots of people were introducing themselves with lines like "It's so nice to meet you," etc. They were fans I suppose. I just reached across the table and said "Hi I'm Bob," and shook hands with her and another woman (not famous) who she was with. For starters, I'm not a fan of her musci, but mostly I thought I'd sound like an idiot gushing. Either way it didn't phase her. She gave my wife some gum and shared her fruit salad with me.

b

Ugh. She was my next door neighbor for a few years when I was growing up. Major pain **********. Glad she was nice to you.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh. She was my next door neighbor for a few years when I was growing up. Major pain **********. Glad she was nice to you.
Did she keep Young Master Matthew awake at night? Those hippie parties must have been wild.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My mom had some of her records...alongside Anne Murray and The Carpenters...

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC4President

Did you slap him upside his annoying little head? And if not, why not?

b

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Johny Knoxville and TV crew were drinking at The Roost in Atwater village, Los Angeles last night. I was expecting some mad antics but they were all very civilized.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Johny Knoxville and TV crew were drinking at The Roost in Atwater village, Los Angeles last night. I was expecting some mad antics but they were all very civilized.

Talk about an epic letdown.

hienergyrk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB

interesting because my friends and I were drinking at a bar in Miami and Johnny Knoxville and all them were there as well. The crazy one was Steve-o, he was running around the whole bar making noise. Knoxville just gave us the smiling nod as we identified him.

Cordovan

Reaction score
About a year ago, I bumped into Robin Williams in the Sony store in NYC.

Siwash

Reaction score
Robin Williams
Elton John
Tommy Lee Jones
Ashley Judd-Hot!!
Lynda Carter-lovely woman!
Various NHL players
Jessie Jackson-Tall!
Gene Simmons-Even taller!
Lucy Liu

Most of these were just random sightings in Vancouver, JJ was in Chicago, GS was at LAX

Think there are others but can't recall...I think Elton was the coolest though..

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siwash
Robin Williams
Elton John
Tommy Lee Jones
Ashley Judd-Hot!!
Lynda Carter-lovely woman!
Various NHL players
Jessie Jackson-Tall!
Gene Simmons-Even taller!
Lucy Liu

Most of these were just random sightings in Vancouver, JJ was in Chicago, GS was at LAX

Think there are others but can't recall...I think Elton was the coolest though..

I have a friend that was a teammate of Gene Simmons. He has a team picture with Gene. They were on the same junior high basketball team in Queens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads