Unexpected encounters with celebrities

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by caelte, Sep 2, 2007.

1. MLIW

MLIW Senior member

I remeber meeting the singer of MUSE at my old work was pretty nice guy did some personal shopping for him [​IMG]

2. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

[​IMG]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle87436.ece

Actually, he is a real prick in my experience, and any money he has left is his wife's, whom he treats like shit.

My meeting with him was strictly business related. He was polite in that regard. I cannot speak for his romantic relationships or social skills.

If he wasn't good to his wife, etc... then shame on him.

3. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I met Joan Baez at the inauguration. Friends-of-friends all hoofing it together sort of thing. Lots of people were introducing themselves with lines like "It's so nice to meet you," etc. They were fans I suppose. I just reached across the table and said "Hi I'm Bob," and shook hands with her and another woman (not famous) who she was with. For starters, I'm not a fan of her musci, but mostly I thought I'd sound like an idiot gushing. Either way it didn't phase her. She gave my wife some gum and shared her fruit salad with me.

b

4. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Today I was down near the Equinox in Soho... and I saw that guy who was on Project Runway named Christian Siriano. The guy with the glasses who won season 4 and always said everything was "fierce".

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Today I was down near the Equinox in Soho... and I saw that guy who was on Project Runway named Christian Siriano. The guy with the glasses who won season 4 and always said everything was "fierce".

I almost went to SoHo today; but, went to Columbus Circle instead. [​IMG]

6. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I met Joan Baez at the inauguration. Friends-of-friends all hoofing it together sort of thing. Lots of people were introducing themselves with lines like "It's so nice to meet you," etc. They were fans I suppose. I just reached across the table and said "Hi I'm Bob," and shook hands with her and another woman (not famous) who she was with. For starters, I'm not a fan of her musci, but mostly I thought I'd sound like an idiot gushing. Either way it didn't phase her. She gave my wife some gum and shared her fruit salad with me.

b

Ugh. She was my next door neighbor for a few years when I was growing up. Major pain in the ass. Glad she was nice to you.

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Ugh. She was my next door neighbor for a few years when I was growing up. Major pain in the ass. Glad she was nice to you.
    Did she keep Young Master Matthew awake at night? Those hippie parties must have been wild.

8. binge

binge Senior member

My mom had some of her records...alongside Anne Murray and The Carpenters...

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Did you slap him upside his annoying little head? And if not, why not?

b

10. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

Johny Knoxville and TV crew were drinking at The Roost in Atwater village, Los Angeles last night. I was expecting some mad antics but they were all very civilized.

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Johny Knoxville and TV crew were drinking at The Roost in Atwater village, Los Angeles last night. I was expecting some mad antics but they were all very civilized.

Talk about an epic letdown.

12. hienergyrk

hienergyrk New Member

interesting because my friends and I were drinking at a bar in Miami and Johnny Knoxville and all them were there as well. The crazy one was Steve-o, he was running around the whole bar making noise. Knoxville just gave us the smiling nod as we identified him.

13. Cordovan

Cordovan Senior member

About a year ago, I bumped into Robin Williams in the Sony store in NYC.

14. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

Robin Williams
    Elton John
    Tommy Lee Jones
    Ashley Judd-Hot!!
    Lynda Carter-lovely woman!
    Various NHL players
    Jessie Jackson-Tall!
    Gene Simmons-Even taller!
    Lucy Liu

Most of these were just random sightings in Vancouver, JJ was in Chicago, GS was at LAX

Think there are others but can't recall...I think Elton was the coolest though..

15. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Robin Williams
    Elton John
    Tommy Lee Jones
    Ashley Judd-Hot!!
    Lynda Carter-lovely woman!
    Various NHL players
    Jessie Jackson-Tall!
    Gene Simmons-Even taller!
    Lucy Liu

Most of these were just random sightings in Vancouver, JJ was in Chicago, GS was at LAX

Think there are others but can't recall...I think Elton was the coolest though..

I have a friend that was a teammate of Gene Simmons. He has a team picture with Gene. They were on the same junior high basketball team in Queens.