• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA EG Sale 12/27/08 to 1/10/09

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
The price is just going to go up over time. Not to pressure you in to something you can't afford, the exchange rate is pretty good now....

I don't think so. 2009 will be a buyer's market. The amount of guys willing to $500+ for a pair of shoes is getting smaller. Sometimes we need to step away from SF and check the real world.
High end shoes are getting harder to sell on ebay for what we were paying 6 months ago.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
That was fast - I just received my shoes!

I was billed this morning, too!!

3 pairs and shipping came to $1615 or $538/pair shipped.

Not too shabby, gotta love the $'s rise.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Gherkins

Reaction score
I had to buy black shoes finally. Therefore I didn't expect too much, but was pleasantly surprised by the finish.
The picture doesn't do any justice to the shine EG put on the toecap.

Also got a Ladbroke I haven't shot yet. Picture will follow.

Harrydog

Reaction score
I was billed on the 6th and they arrived on the 15th. 1,180 shipped with trees. Verry good.

200901150260jr7.jpg

200901150261xl4.jpg

200901150259vw8.jpg

Throwing in the boots from the Foster's sale that arrived two days earlier,

cjboot2gy3.jpg

and I had an aportnoy week!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry,is the first pair Lardbroke? I like it a lot,nice finish on those.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrydog
I was billed on the 6th and they arrived on the 15th. 1,180 shipped with trees. Verry good.

200901150261xl4.jpg

and I had an aportnoy week!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great additions all, Harry!

I also have the Ladbroke headed my way, they look amazing.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Gherkins

Reaction score
Ah - great: exactly the Ladbroke I got. Saves me the picture.
On a sidenote: am I the only one who thinks the medaillon looks like ovaries? I am not too thrilled about it. It doesn't take anything from the shoes though, they are marvelous, but maybe I would have preferred another motif.

Harrydog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
Ah - great: exactly the Ladbroke I got. Saves me the picture.
On a sidenote: am I the only one who thinks the medaillon looks like ovaries? I am not too thrilled about it. It doesn't take anything from the shoes though, they are marvelous, but maybe I would have preferred another motif.

I think it looks like a ram's horn. It is very similar to what's on the Weymouth for example. I also think it looks like an owl's face. I like it. But if you want to go with the ovary comparison, feel free.

I am thrilled with the Ladbroke. Great antiquing...very dark on the toe. When EG sent the stocklist, they didn't say it had a medallion. Some of the listings for the other sizes said it had a medallion. I am glad I called on the first day and asked. They said they had one with and one without.

A couple of days later, on a whim, I sent an e-mail to inquire about the Cardiff. They still had it. I am deciding I really like the 202 for the traditional styled shoes. It joins my Sandringham in mahogany country calf - both are on Dainite soles - they are my weekend shoes with jeans or cords. I'll wear them with a tweedy suit on sloppy days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads